1. Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett New Member

Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jesse Bassett, Feb 24, 2020.

Hello all,
    I am a newbie here. I am a writer who has been working on his first novel for over 12 years! I hope that by being invovled here, I can learn enough to complete my first book. A bit about me....

-I have Autism
    -I live in Minnesota
    -I am 32 years old (will be 33 on the 4th)
    -I like to read books, write stories and poems, hangout, listen to music, and visit with friends/family.

Any other questions, just ask!

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Welcome!

I'm around twelve years into a story, so you're in the Dirty Dozen Club, I guess. LOL
    Lot's of supportive and helpful people here. A moderator will contact you shortly for a welcome and SOP of the forums.
    Explore as much as you can! Jump into the Workshop and give a critique right away, even if it's to say, "I get it" or "I don't get this part". Everybody can do that, right away! Comment or ask questions on anything you deem relevant in any thread. When you are eligible to submit your work, I look forward to seeing what you've got. :)

3. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

Welcome.

I'm an Asperger -person from Finland. And I think we might also have some other people on this spectrum. So... You are not alone with autistic traits.

If your problems with finishing your book are autism related I might be able to help.

Some areas where I might be able to help managing writing...
    - Self management.
    - Managing attention.
    - Workflow -things.
    - Stress handling (not medical or therapeutic part of it but situational).
    ...and text.
    - Structural work among text.
    - Motivation and it's base as a part of a story.
    - Character lines.

If you have anything you want to ask, don't hesitate to privamail me.

N.Scott and Some Guy like this.
  4. Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett New Member

Thanks for the warm reception everyone! :):supersmile:

5. dbesim

dbesim Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Greetings Jesse. I look forward to reading excerpts of the novel you’ve been working on for the past twelve years. but only if you’re brave enough to share it. If not you can always post something of your poetry, that might be nice to read. Don’t forget that members here might be able to offer you some insight and give your work a little nudge. If not you could always start a blog to keep up with your work progress. I don’t think you can post at the workshop just yet.. but you will be able to very soon!

6. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Jesse! We met 'earlier' in a conversation, so I've already introduced myself. But I want to say, again, welcome to the forum! Looking forward to getting to know you and eventually getting a look at what you've been working on.

As a former fellow 'Great Lakes State' dweller—I'm from Michigan, even though I've lived in Scotland for the past 34 years—I look forward to maybe sensing the Canadian Border vibe in your writing. We are lucky to have grown up in the upper Midwest ...despite the 6 months of shoveling and three months of mosquitoes! :)

Anyway, if you haven't had time yet, please do check out these two important forum links:

New Member Quick Start

and

Forum Rules

If you have any difficulty getting settled in, don't hesitate to contact me or one of my fellow 'staff' members, and we'll do our best to help.

See you around the threads!

Cheers for now,

Jan