1. Flapjak

Flapjak New Member

Hi it's me!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Flapjak, Nov 24, 2007.

Hi I am Flapjak and I like to write!;)

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Flapjak, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Welcome FlapJak. Hope to see some work from you soon!

4. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

Hey flapjack.
    Since you like to write, I'm willing to bet that you will fit in here really well ;)

Good to see another new face. Hope to see some of your writing soon
    cheers
    WW
    p.s. I like to write as well

5. CalypsoRising

CalypsoRising New Member

I love your avatar! :)

I am obsessed with writing, so you are definately in good company.

6. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums :)

7. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

There is a penchant for trendy avatars going on here, either way it's good to have you here. Any questions let us know!

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I would just like to welcome you to the insanities of WF.org. A place where you can unleash both the writer and the inner child inside that is waiting patiently to escape. lol

I do hope that you have a most wonderful time here with all of us. There are a lot of things for you to get involved in and a heck of a lot of wonderful and helpful information on all aspects of writing lurking around the different forums within this board.

So sit down and get comfy with a nice hot or cold drink and probably a few snacks as well and enjoy reading everything that we have all got to say and do feel free to join in wherever you feel that you can.

Ok so now that I have rambled away to you I will let you go and enjoy your time here with all of us.

See you around the boards.

Torana :)

9. trailer trash

trailer trash New Member

Dear Writer,

Welcome to one of the fastest growing writers forums on the web. I’m sure if you hang around long enough you’ll begin to make new friends and enjoy becoming a participating member of the writersforum.org. I am sure each new member will bring something new and valuable to the forum as well as find it an interesting and wonderful place to explore and learn more about the wonderful world of writing.

I have been away for awhile myself, and unfortunately have not been able to keep up with greeting the large influx of new members personally. Please forgive, but except my sincerest and belated welcome to the forum.

Cordially yours,

Trailer Trash