1. mashers

mashers Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer

I forgot to introduce myself

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mashers, Jun 14, 2016.

Hi all

I've been a member here for just over a week I think but I forgot to post an introductory message. I have always wanted to write a novel since I was a child but have always struggled to come up with ideas which were sufficiently complex. I've now had in idea which I think could work as a novel so I'm going to try to write it, and if I get good feedback attempt to get it published. I hope that doesn't sound arrogant.

I've already had some great help and support from the members here and I really like this forum. I have aspergers and one of my obsessions is words and language so it's great to find a site where other people share this interest. Some of the discussions about words and language here are really fun. Having aspergers also means I often find it hard to take other people's points of view. This can make it hard to word things in a way that I think readers will understand in the same way I do. It even makes it more difficult to understand and empathise with the characters I'm creating as I need to see things from their perspective and with their understanding, which is quite difficult. It's even difficult sometimes to identify with my own thoughts and ideas as that's a kind of reflexive empathy which is really difficult. But discussing ideas and concepts with the members here has really helped so far.

I hope that I can contribute to the site as well. I really like discussing words, meanings, sentences and etymology so I will try to help others with their queries too. I apologise in advance if I misunderstand anything and if this causes me to say something which is irrelevant!

I think that's everything I need to say but please ask me questions if you want to!

Cave Troll likes this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    We've met before Spock. :superlaugh:

3. mashers

mashers Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer

Indeed :nosleep:

;)

Cave Troll likes this.