Tags:
  1. Iai

Iai New Member

Herro.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Iai, Aug 24, 2006.

Hi, Iai here,

Pleased to meet.. Erm... You.

Well, a quick introduction then.

I have few interests, and those precious few stem back from my childhood. Though they can be found in my very interesting profile, I will, of course, re-list them here.

1. Writing (Single fantasy novel. Anything more would be a distraction. I'll most likely post the first chapter in a few seconds.)

2. Reading (I love John Marco. "The Jackal of Nar" is well worth the time.)

3. Aikido (I help teach the kids at a local dojo, as well as trying (in vain) to improve my own skill. I have a lot of pride in Aikido, as opposed to other martial arts, being that it is very gentle and noncompetitive.)

4. Iaido (The art of attacking from the sheath, with use of the Japanese Katana. The style, contrary to popular belief, is not actually focused on attacking an opponent. Rather, it has deep ties into meditation and self-reflection. I liken it to drinking a cup of tea.)

And that's just about it. I do a bit of bladesmithing as a hobby, but lack of tools keeps me from getting any real work done.

I look forward to meeting anyone that might like to chat, or read my work. I'm shy by nature, so bear with me on that. Thanks for taking the time to read my intro.

~Iai

2. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Sounds as if you'rwe a rather colorful person, in a good way.

Welcome to the site.

3. bicker

bicker Active Member

I should be reviewing the stories instead of these.