Tags:
  1. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

Viral Videos

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DragonGrim, Jan 30, 2010.

I started this thread to talk about videos that have gone viral on the internet. (I hope there is not a thread already like this.)

Right now, the one that has me mystified is “Gingers Do Have Souls!!” on You tube. Not only has the video received almost 2,000,000 views, but hundreds of remix videos have been posted and received probably many more views than the original.

What’s weird, is that this video is only a rant. People rant all the time. But this just took off. And the person who made the video may not be the sanest individual. Perhaps his school mates (where the trouble started) will treat him better now that he has become famous (or infamous). More likely they’ll just make fun of him even more. Hope there isn’t a shooting.

2. HeinleinFan

HeinleinFan Banned

This video was presumably made in response to a character from TV's "South Park." The character, Cartman, is explicitly a sociopath. (I mean, Cartman has actually killed people and fed their bodies to other characters in previous episodes.)

Middle and high schools vary quite a bit, but they all contain immature kids who like to tease and harass, and who can do so in a safe environment. (The no-fighting rules protect the harassers far more than the harassed, in my experience.) So I can see how this red-headed kid became angry when some immature punks from school started to tease him, Cartman-style. (Cartman is racist, homophobic, misogynistic and, for some reason, hates red-heads; the phrase "Gingers have no souls" is a quote from him.)

It probably became viral as a result of the show (and the reference) being well-known.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

WARNING: Do not post any video links in this thread, or it will be closed.

NO EXCEPTIONS!

4. Peerie Pict

Peerie Pict Contributor Contributor

I think redheads get far too much bad press - I feel for them. It would be good if they could get their own back somehow.

5. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

If redheads were as numerous as blondes, brunettes than you wouldn't have an issue. But they are not, which is good because i have one and well...lets say true redheads are in demand when they are older :D

On a sidenote over here in Australia the most asked for colour is red/orange right now, which might say something.

6. Sabreur

Sabreur Contributor Contributor

At the combination pizza hut and taco bell
    Gingers unite! My hair is a bit more blond than red as of right now (damned aging!) but my beard is bright red. So I'm at least half-a-ginger. ;)

7. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

Okay, everyone should dye their hair red! Btw, Hein, Cartmen is all those things, but he is also as funny as sheet. No doubt the kid was harassed, but I see instability in his eyes, and I think it was there to begin with.

Man, I saw another one last night: “Bear vs Cat.” It is an amazing video.

8. MCWhite

MCWhite New Member

Saw that one too! hahaha that's a feisty cat (and a cowardly bear). He's probably ashamed of himself.

I like the "surprised kitten" one... it popped up a few weeks ago.

Hollywood's going rouge- Hayden Panatterie (or however you spell her name) is the most recent to go red. There have been a few others. Remember, gingers are people too. :D

9. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Original is best. That's all i'll say.

EDIT

Calling a redhead a "ginger" is like the old Redheaded rat rooter line.

It doesn't helped saying Ginger. Though i'm not sure that alot of people are figuring this. Though it's and improvement

From my expereince with reaheads antway.

10. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

I hope that bear is shunned by all of his fellows!:D

11. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Can I just say my favorite redhead/ginger is Conan O'Brien, followed closely by David Caruso? :D

I love Auto-Tune the News. Hilarious, creative videos that actually took time to make and are great to rewatch over and over again. My favorites are #5, #6, #8, #9 and Auto-Tune the Ads, although I've seen all of them. I love them!!! :D

12. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

I love Auto-Tune the News is funny. I watched #5. It was great. “It’s the smoooke. It’s the smoooke!!!”

Here’s some others I thought were interesting today on YouTube:

Pain - Star Trek Remix = funny. A little repetitive, but I had the tune stuck in my head for like twenty minutes.

Jimmy Kimmel on His Leno Appearance = In this Jimmy really lambasts Leno. I personally like Leno, so I thought it was a little harsh. I’m sure Leno has a bunch of people telling him what and what not to say right now.

13. rory

rory Active Member

I'm get my viral video fix from watching =3. The guy reviews them and sometimes makes them a bit funnier. He's done most of the ones you guys have mentioned.

Hands down favorite viral video is 'David after Dentist' and the spoof 'Chad after Dentist.' I about die laughing every time... "Is this real life?"

14. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

Ray William Johnson rocks =3

Cat dances for five stars. “You know we’re straight with doin your mom. Doin your mom…” LMAO

15. rory

rory Active Member

HAha! True that!

Just checked out the Auto tune news. That's pretty fabulous. :D

16. Gigi_GNR

I love it too. :D

Chad after dentist! I love that! The guy in the Darth Vadar costume....it's funnier than the original IMO! :D

Isn't it though?! :p

If you guys liked Auto-Tune the News, check out "Slap Chop Rap". It's a remix of the commercial, done by DJ Steve Porter, a very talented Auto-Tuner/remixer/DJ. :D

17. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

My favorite, although it might not quite count as viral, is Ryuuseigun Chaos. The whole of Japanese pop/nerd culture for the last 25 or so years, remixed into a ten minute assault of light and sound. It's revealing, as well as suprisingly good as a techno song.

18. MCWhite

MCWhite New Member

How about "Harry Potter and the Mysterious Ticking Noise"?

I know I just blew any hopes of appearing cool to y'all by mentioning that one, but I thought it was funny...

19. Gigi_GNR

I've seen every Potter Puppet Pals, and I can vouch for their awesomeness. :D

20. rory

rory Active Member

^^ I had those on my iPod! I got some funny looks when it'd surface whist on shuffle, but I was always laughing too hard to care.

If you've been looking for a reason to hate oranges, but couldn't come up with anything legit, check out the annoying orange videos. You'll either never buy an orange again or take a rather sick pleasure in slicing 'em.

21. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

The Annoying Orange is annoying :D
    [​IMG]

I checked out Ryuuseigun Chaos. It was weird music. It’s definetally viral. It has over 200thousand views. As I am typing I suddenly love it. It played part of Chrono Trigger song:D

The Mysterious Ticking Noise, OMG it has over 75 million views. Crazy. “Voldemort, Voldemort, Oh Valde Valde Voldemort”

Today’s vid pick: Avatar - How It Should Have Ended

Funny funny funny

22. rory

rory Active Member

ROFL! I almost wanted to buy one, just so I could slap my troubles away...

I haven't seen Avatar, but the other HISHE videos are hi-larious!

23. Gigi_GNR

I watched the Twilight HISHE, not the Avatar one..... I'll probably watch the Avatar one, although it won't be as funny to me probably cuz I haven't seen the movie yet.

My fave part of the Slap Chop Rap is the random shots of people dancing interspersed with the commercial. :D

24. rory

rory Active Member

"I am Ninja, he is Ninja, she is Ninja, too.
    I am Ninja, we are Ninja, but I believe that you are Ninja, too!"

Ask a Ninja easily has some of the funniest videos on the interweb. Plus the song is just so catchy!

25. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

"Amazing Aliens Rap" is about the Aliens movie

On YouTube

Best video I’ve ever seen!!!

You gotta watch it