1. agorman00

agorman00 Member

Subconsious

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by agorman00, Dec 27, 2016.

One of the most interesting, abstract ideas there are, is the idea of our subconscious. It's the back of your mind, where you are when you're on a long drive, or on a run, or when you're just drifting off to sleep and you wake up with vague recollections of the forgotten conversations you had with yourself. It's seriously the most intriguing, abstract things I can think of, right up there with space and death.

Often times, when I'm listening to music, or eating, or writing, even just sitting there, I'll find myself drift off. I'll end up somewhere deep in my head. I'd used to realize and it'd stop abruptly, I'd end up back to reality. I'd yearn to go back. Nowadays I've figured out how to notice, but not "wake up". How to stay there. It's really the strangest thing, and it might sound crazy, but it's like being asleep. I don't process sound, I lose focus in my eyes, and I just drift. Except I can "wake up" whenever I need to, or when I feel like it.

I explore the innards of my persona, my ego, my personality. my memories, my thoughts. I come up with my best ideas in this state of mind, I remember old memories, feel old feelings. I sometimes get pretty nostalgic when that happens. Sometimes even, I hear music I've never heard before. I've explained this whole "asleep" thing with people, and I've been told what I do is a lot like meditating. I guess it is, it's just as therapeutic, it keeps me mindful. But for some reason, I feel like it's much deeper than that. Meditating is almost like keeping your mind clear, controlling my thoughts, and I'm doing the opposite. I let my thoughts run free. So I don't really know what to call it.

Has anyone ever done something similar? The subconscious is a mysterious, exciting place to explore. Who else has done some exploring? I'd love to hear what you guys think.

2. Absolem

Absolem Member

Man, I'd love to smoke a joint with you lol. I think about the same kind of stuff. Have you ever gotten into any of Carl Jung's ideas?

agorman00 likes this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    My brain has been banged so many times by solitude, I think part (if not all) of my mind has fractured.

Though I have had similar occurrences of hearing music or voices in my mind when half between sleep and awake.
    Not really sure why.

The reason I say my mind has fractured, is because sometimes for no reason I babble and get emotions as my characters
    randomly and without much reason as to why. Painful considering of where the story is heading.

agorman00 likes this.
  4. agorman00

agorman00 Member

Can't say I have. I just googled him, seems interesting as fuck. Definitely gonna read into it sometime soon.

5. Absolem

Absolem Member

Yeah, I guess he was one of neiches 'disciples' but eventually broke off from him because they had differing ideas on the subconscience.