Tags:
  1. CK Ha

CK Ha New Member

New to the forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CK Ha, Mar 9, 2018.

Hello.

First of all, I want to say that English is not my first language and I have not written any fictional work in English. I have recently completed my university degree in UK and currently back in my home country. The problem however, is that I do not have many chances to practice English here.

Language is something you forget if you do not use. Therefore I thought it would be good idea to keep on practice using English by posting writing works to this website.

I do have few ideas to start fantasy or Scifi story however, I am used to writing factual articles and reading non-fictional works which do not contain many metaphorical expressions. I also have know idea of plot structuring and character development. Therefore I am looking forward to read other writers work in this website to learn first before I start writing.

Many Thanks

CK

2. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Hey, welcome! I'm also new around, and glad to meet a new writer. Also struggle with English, since my language is Castellano(Spanish), and so far this place has been excellent on that purpose... every day I learn something new!

Your best bet is to begin reading the amazing stories the writers post around here, and the same important is to read the critics to their work. It's fundamental that you post your own critique, specially if you wish to post your work to be criticized too, after meet the requirements to post. Suggest you read the forum's rules, and of course, everything it has to offer, that it is a lot! Would be cool to know about what you like to write, or your favorite style.

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/why-write-reviews-before-posting-my-work.4705/

Also very useful. Be welcome, and hope to see your work soon.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  3. PennyDreadfully

PennyDreadfully Member

Hey CK, welcome to the forum. I am also a newbie learning the ropes around here

English is my first language, but I have my fair share of struggles as well haha

Joining the forum sounds like a clever, consistent way of keeping up and improving your English writing. I hope you find yourself reading and writing some great stories too

See you around :)