Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (theories and discussion - may contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Daniel, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

I read the book a few days back.
    Loved the epilogue ^.^

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

why? i thought it fitted in wonderfully to be honest, i mean, i don't think Dumbledore can be that bad at judging charector.

3. MedicMan

MedicMan New Member

Yeah, I thought it worked really well. I thought the book on the whole was well written, and I was glad it finally solved all the plot threads that had been hanging from previous books :p

4. InvisibleElephant

InvisibleElephant New Member

God, the book was great. She killed off too many characters, though; I wouldn't have cared if every death advanced the plot, but I can only think of a few that did.

Hedwig - Her death represented a loss of innocence for Harry: during his summers with the Dursleys, she had been his only magical companion.

Scrimgeour - Self-explanatory: he had to die for the ministry to be overthrown.

Snape and Voldemort, as well as Bellatrix (though Harry should've killed her instead of Molly Weasley when she attempted to murder Ginny, that would've shown that they still had a connection - they hadn't talked in months.)

But Fred, Lupin, and Tonks were horrible. Fred, because he and George were so much better than the sum of their parts and that sort of destroyed their double thing, and Lupin and Tonks didn't further the plot at all and if you blinked, you'd miss their deaths.

5. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

please please please use spoliers for a start of. but no, i think the deaths were nessesary. if you were not to have had the deaths it would have seemed unrealistic i think. it was big fight, there needed to be more than two or three people dying. isn't that what happens in battle, inocent people die?

6. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I really liked the story. It was a little slow at the beginning but the ending was excellent. Although I would have liked one or two more people dying.

I'm kind of evil that way.

7. Sir Cameron

Sir Cameron New Member

All I can say is...

Neville is the hero of the series

8. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

He certainly did play a role, though I don't know that things wouldn't have turned out well without him.

9. Sir Cameron

Sir Cameron New Member

shhhh....