1. writewizard

writewizard New Member

Something to read

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by writewizard, Feb 7, 2010.

I've finished almost all of Caroline B. Cooney's books (read all I'm willing too), read Willow Davis Robert's collection - all of it, and read almost everything of Melody Carlson's work, except for what I can't get my hands on at the moment.

Any recommendations on what to read? I'll read anything except strong romance (where the main focus on the book is romance).

WW

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren is my all-time go-to recommendation. I loved that book.

Also, The Catcher in the Rye, American Pastoral, 1984, Animal Farm, Atonement, and the Hunger Games series are my recommendations. :)

3. InkDream

InkDream Active Member

The Absence of Nectar by Kathy Hepinstall was pretty good. Not my usual flavor but I couldn't put it down.

Veil of Roses by Laura Fitzgerald. I love that book.

Or if you feel like reading something a little weird (but awesome) the Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King

4. jacklondonsghost

jacklondonsghost New Member

The Lord's of Discipline by Pat Conroy was fantastic, as was The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I also just read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon and it was fantastic.