1. TheArtfulWeber

TheArtfulWeber New Member

A funny idea I had...

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by TheArtfulWeber, Apr 23, 2008.

I am taking a class on the Old Testament this semester and if you have read any of it, you might be able to see where my idea is coming from.

What I want to do is create a story that involves the characters using biblical ideas, concepts, and text out of context in their daily lives. Even if it is not enough to make an entire story, it might make for an interesting character in a different story. Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas?

2. Vayda

Vayda New Member

In an episode of Gilmore Girls, one of the characters, Kirk (who is a definite oddball) is given the role of Jesus in DaVinci's Last Supper, during the town's festival of living pictures. He asks for references, to help him get into character, and is told to read the bible. He then proceeds to take everything Jesus ever said at its most literal meaning, and it's really hilarious watching him run around town trying to act exactly like Jesus. He even ends up in a fistfight with the man playing Judas, after he gets to that part. It was really funny - I think you could do it really well!

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

The idea is a good one I think, ArtfulWebber. Perhaps what you could do is re-tell some of the stories, but in a modern day scenario. Make religion more modern. You could either do it as a comedy, as it would be rather funny to read about sacraficing people and stuff in your typical family, or you could do it seriously to try and modernise Christianity, which I think would be a brillaint idea. I did prefer the old testament to the new one for the stories, when I was young I used to read a childrens version with big pictures, like the ones about Moses and stuff, they were excellent.