1. Mobhit

Mobhit New Member

Okay Now what

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Mobhit, May 6, 2011.

In my story I have 12 important characters. I have them developed and already interacted as there created personality is to be read, or how the reader would perceive them.

But I am so incredibly stuck on "NPCs" or secondaries. I can not for the life of me develop these characters into roles.

The other problem I am having is when I do manage to develop them, I end up creating another main.

Suggestions anyone??:confused:

2. Chris Gentry

Chris Gentry New Member

Can you use all of them as POV Characters? Just switch of, chapter to chapter, as needed.

3. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

Wow 12 main characters? That's going to be one tough job to balance when making the reader actually care about all of them.
    Try picking out which ones will add to plot massively and the the characters that are minor in terms of adding to the plot.

1 person likes this.
  4. drayelya

drayelya Member

Hm, I have the same issue too sometimes. I find it hard to develop minor characters at times as well so worry not your not alone. Think about what these characters are meant to do, who they are and why they do what they do. Are they related to a main character? How often will they appear in my story? Am I going to kill them off later? How will they affect my story, my plot, my twists, turns and main characters? Just remember that because you have a lot of info written down about them doesn't automatically make them a main character. Same applies for how long or detailed you got with developing them. I hope that helps and if not please forgive me.