1. InPieces

InPieces New Member

New Horror plot idea

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by InPieces, Mar 30, 2008.

I've been toying this idea for a few days and doing research on various topics for actual information. This story probably seems a little 'out there', and a tad spotty in some places, but i'm still planning :)

~~~~~~~~

Location : Tropical rainforest, jungle, isolated, near a river and a waterfall.

Characters (back story) :

Erjus (pronounced Air-ee-us) - Early 30's. Religious, praising many gods. Lives in a tree house, has been there for years, in the secluded part of the jungle. His mother was banished from her tribe before giving birth to Erjus because she was pregnant without marriage. Erjus never knew his father. In his mother's new tribe, Erjus' mother lied to the people and told them that her tribe was wiped out, everyone was killed but herself. Before she died, she was tending to a garden, and was mysteriously killed. In a vision, Erjus' mother told him to leave the village and flee into the jungle. He was told that a 'monster' had killed his mother, and that he should go in the jungle and wait for it.

Arcy - Late teens. Previously had an arranged marriage. Mother died in child birth, Arcy carries the burden of being told that she was the cause of her mother's death (told she was 'cursed'). Her father is a spiritual leader / tribe leader. She began to have weird visions of a 'monster' destroying the entire village. These came frequently and she tried to warn the village. Her father disowned her, accusing her of 'witchcraft' and devil worship. She was banished from the village, told if she returned, she would die.

PLOT: Erjus is bathing in the nearby river, when he hears something in the jungle. He begins to stalk it, trying to find out what it is. After being attacked by a mysterious women (Arcy), Erjus brings her to his home, interrogating her and her business so deep in the jungle. After finding out that the one thing they have in common is this vicious monster, they set out on a journey to find it and kill it.

2. ChristiMac

ChristiMac New Member

I think this would make a wonderful story. It has everything covered... Loss, mystery, the unknown, and a potential for love to blossom.
    In fact, I would be very interested to read this story. Be sure to keep us all updated on your progress, it sounds like you're going to have a terrific story.

Can't wait to see it!

3. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

It seems okay to me. You might as well put it into a short story and see how you like it. If you do, you can add onto it and make it longer.

4. InPieces

InPieces New Member

Too late, i've already planned out most of the chapters, and i've written the first one.

I'll post a link to the first chapter once it's been posted in the novel section.

5. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Hmmm, the whole "vision" thing seems a bit worn out if you ask me. Prophecies, visions, and the like seem like a novel's excuse to start a story all too often. Still, this isn't a bad idea but it better be alot darker then it seems to be an effective horror novel.

6. TheArtfulWeber

TheArtfulWeber New Member

It might be interesting if you added more of a twist to this "monster" figure. I have reason to believe it may very well be a chupacabra.

7. InPieces

InPieces New Member

After wikipedia-ing a chupacabra (yea, i went there), i have concluded that i never knew what that was, and it is not the 'monster' figure in the story.

8. TheArtfulWeber

TheArtfulWeber New Member

Darn! I was hoping he was the one to blame. He's more into cattle anyway from what I hear

9. InPieces

InPieces New Member

Naw not in this story ;)

10. InPieces

InPieces New Member

UPDATE:: I've posted Chapter One here.

11. UnknowingWriter

UnknowingWriter New Member

I think your story has great depth man, it would be awesome to read it.

12. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

chupacabra's are so damn cute. I'd love to have one as a pet :)

I think the main thing with your story is that you make sure that if you are going to classify it as horror it holds the horror elements. The basics covered in your initial post seems alright. I'll take a read of the chapter posted a later point in time though.

But with saying that if the female character returns to the village she will die, you could work with that and create a mighty twist. It could go in many different directions from what you have stated about her and the accusations put upon her by her father.

13. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Why do you need chupacabra as a pet when you have children that take after you?

14. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

That is a very good point adamant. But they aren't as cute as the chupacabra.

15. InPieces

InPieces New Member

Thanks for the advice, Torana.