1. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Heck I don't know... Alternative protocols/code?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Lifeline, Nov 10, 2018.

Hey, I don't know if anyone saw @Daniel 's offer but I'm going to take a stab at it. Please be aware that I'm not a computer scientist, not a programmer and not a quantum physicist. I don't even know enough to find keywords which I could use to use to find the correct framing of my question :oops:. If anyone can help me define what words to use to ask my questions, I'd be grateful for the help.

I've had a question bouncing round my skull for the longest time, and if I don't make sense please feel free to correct me. It's about current encoding.

I'm aware that the DNS protocoll (and I'm not even sure that that's the defining characteristic I should be looking to) is the baseline of data exchange nowadays. But DNS protocoll just tells where to send the packages. It's the equivalent of a postal office. The operating system needs a protocol as well to interpret data coming in, whether this data consists of voltage spikes or whatever. I mean you could have a lot of parameters to play around with, beside simple binary voltage. There's amplitude, there's the mathematical shape of voltage and I don't know what else.

So that means you have at the absolute minimum two different protocols you'd need for a data exchange. I also think that in the dark web, the DNS protocol is set apart and the postal service, so to speak, has more than one delivery guy. It has more than the one official protocol, which doesn't give search engines much to work with because they are programmed to deal with only official protocols.

My question has to do with the transfer protocol, the way data is sifted from sender to receiver. First off: Which physical parameters are transfered? Amplitudes? Mathematical shape of voltages e.g. sine/something else?

Current computers are (I expect) build to deal with certain input. Given varying input e.g. if it is programmed to deal with simple amplitudes/time, would it be possible to implement a program that also makes use of e.g. sine/cosine time delays? To overwrite or provide a second layer of input, which would overwrite/add to the information in the primary input?

I hope I make sense somehow. o_O

John Calligan likes this.
  2. LazyBear

LazyBear Banned

I've studied computer communication at a University and have a master in computer science.

The physical link layer handles communication between two nodes/routers. This can be done using any means necessary (sattelite, optical cable, ethernet, coaxial...). Programmers never concern about this unless they are in a bad 1980's movie where they walk into cyberspace using space suits.

Then there's routing within each internet service provider where packages are sent using IP and MAC addresses. IP is a point of entry and can be anything in a local network. The MAC address is written in the network hardware of each computer and is globally unique for all eternity.

DNS is called by a fixed address stored in the operating system through the standard gateway to request the IP address of a domain name, such as "writingforums.org". The domain name server then returns the IP address to your browser so that it can call the hosting web server. The full URL is then used to specify the encrypted HTTPS protocol, get the type of service from "www." (alternatively "ftp." for admins et cetera). Slashes after the domain name is the relative folder path in the connected domain's public folder. If no file is specified, the server gives you the main page or redirects to an error page. The page is loaded while accepting packages confirm a successful delivery. The page then contains images and other resources using other URLs, which are further broken down into domain, protocol and path.

.org is a main domain for organizations to direct to their servers by IP. Similar to .com.

.onion is accepted by some mainstream browsers, because there's really no naming conflicts when each dark web URL is a long random password. When browsing .onion sites with a tor browser, your traffic is redirected by anonymous servers, so the governments cannot identify whistleblowers, opressed minorities nor criminals.

3. exweedfarmer

exweedfarmer Banned Contributor

Damned if I can tell if you're asking how binary data works or about transfer protocols. Maybe it would be easier if you explained what in general you want to do with it.