1. dj white

dj white New Member

Im new to writing novels need help plz read

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dj white, Feb 22, 2014.

I'm new to writing novels and stories. I know how to write stories, its just I cant start it and I need help or adive on where to start writing my idea I have in my head that I want to put in a novel.

might as while say who I am. i am of course new, my name is delbert martin white jr. i really don't know what to put down here

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi Delbert, welcome to the forum. Might I suggest you start by breaking your habit of writing in text shorthand, sans caps and some punctuation? Are you posting from a mobile device? It helps to get more keyboard practice. It's pretty hard to write on a mobile device and while some older writers might still pound out work on a typewriter, and some may even use a pen and paper, you're better off with the writer's basic tool, aka a keyboard. Spellchecker and a word processor are pretty important as well.

Who and yagr like this.
  3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Delbert. :)

I must agree with Ginger. The habits formed from social media and mobile devices are not the easiest to break, but a concerted effort must be made. In this task you set yourself all the arguments for good grammar, spelling and punctuation, of which much jest and many memes are made on the internet, is no laughing matter. Here, it is an inarguable must. ;)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey