1. Indigo Abbie

Indigo Abbie Member

Hello again.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Indigo Abbie, Oct 3, 2019.

I'm technically not a new member, but I quit using this site about a year and a half ago. Since then I graduated high school- having been home-schooled since the second grade. I focused on work a lot though nothing fancy, just a few months of cashiering and overnight stocking. Now I work stock for another company mid-day to night. I met a lot of new people, had experiences, spent even more time self-analyzing and forged um... unique relationships.
    I'm pushing myself to get back into my writing aspirations again because I need an outlet I can be proud of and can devote myself to as opposed to continuing the path I've been led down by unresolved issues and troubling circumstances.
    For me, becoming a writer is no longer a possible source of income, just a way to channel my feelings and put the ideas in my head to good use.
    I'd also like to become a reader again. I read religiously until I was about fourteen but outside of school requirements, haven't finished a book in years. I was actually inspired to return to this site to ask for recommendations as I'm searching for books similar to a story idea and in the same genre I'd like to pursue.
    But you can call me Abbie, and that's basically all you need to know about me right now!

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Welcome back! I do recall the name. Hope to see you in The Lounge :)

Indigo Abbie likes this.
  3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hey, like Some Guy, I remember your name. I am one of the forum moderators now, and I'd like to say Welcome Back. Good that you're wanting to re-start your writing. I know from my own experience that it's not easy to write when you have 'stuff' going on, but now that things seem to have settled a bit for you, here's hoping you can get back on track.

Even if you read these two links a long time ago, I'd suggest you look at them again. There have been a few changes to both ...more clarifications than changes ...but it's good to be familiar with how we're doing things now.

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

Anyway, I hope to see you around the threads (again.) Welcome back.

Cheers, Jan

Indigo Abbie likes this.