Tags:
  1. Tori

Tori New Member

I really hate these but here I go...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tori, Dec 9, 2007.

Hello people!

My name is Tori and I'm not really sure what to write here. I'm 21 years old, from the UK and writing is one of my two passions. My other passion happens to be Japan and the Japanese language and luckily for me I'll be studying that at University next September (after dropping out of college a few times and eventually going back).

Anyway, back to my writing. I've joined this forum so that I can get inspired and keep going with my current idea, which is an Urban fantasy set in Shibuya, Tokyo. I'm hoping to get loads of useful advice from people and look forward to reading other peoples stuff as well.

I think that's all I've got to say.

2. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

Welcome Tori!
    There is a lot of inspiration to go around in this forum. If you have any questions just pm me and I will be happy to help.
    cheers
    WW

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Tori, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

It's a funny thing, how many new joiners who are eager to dive into major writing projects find these introductions intimidating. But I'm glad you went ahead and tried anyway. I think that's important for our growth as writers, that willingness to try things we may not really feel very comfortable with at first.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Writing Workshops, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Writing Workshops, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Writing Workshops on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just bulletin boards for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

4. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the Site Tori, it is nice to see a new face around here. I am Heather and can be found around here most of the time so if you would like a peice of your work reviewing, need any help or just want to chat then send a PM my way and I'll be happy to help.
    Hope you enjoy it here
    Heather

5. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Heya, welcome to the forum! I hope that you stick around...

6. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

Hi Tori. Welcome to the forums! :) There are a lot of really good people here who give amazing advice.

7. Good_writer

Good_writer Banned

Hope you like it here, Tori.

8. trailer trash

trailer trash New Member

Dear Writer,

Welcome to one of the fastest growing writers forums on the web. I’m sure if you hang around long enough you’ll begin to make new friends and enjoy becoming a participating member of the writersforum.org. I am sure each new member will bring something new and valuable to the forum as well as find it an interesting and wonderful place to explore and learn more about the wonderful world of writing.

I have been away for awhile myself, and unfortunately have not been able to keep up with greeting the large influx of new members personally. Please forgive, but except my sincerest and belated welcome to the forum.

Cordially yours,

Trailer Trash

9. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I would just like to welcome you to the insanities of WF.org. A place where you can unleash both the writer and the inner child inside that is waiting patiently to escape. lol

I do hope that you have a most wonderful time here with all of us. There are a lot of things for you to get involved in and a heck of a lot of wonderful and helpful information on all aspects of writing lurking around the different forums within this board.

So sit down and get comfy with a nice hot or cold drink and probably a few snacks as well and enjoy reading everything that we have all got to say and do feel free to join in wherever you feel that you can.

Ok so now that I have rambled away to you I will let you go and enjoy your time here with all of us.

See you around the boards.

Torana