1. Jonslongs Johnson

Jonslongs Johnson New Member

Hello all.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jonslongs Johnson, Jun 27, 2017.

I'm also new. Not very motivated to become a 'real' writer, just always liked writing short self contained fragments of stories.

Becoming older slowly drains away the huge pools of creative energy I had when I was younger. Sucks. Trying to revitalize it.

Big movie enthusiast. Namely David Lynch, Gaspar Noƫ, Roman Polanski, Jim Jarmush and Darren Aronofsky.

Don't really read that much fiction to be honest. Really liked Murakami back in the day.

I like fictional fantasy/sci-fi universes, regardless of the medium used to explore these worlds. I'm also working on a fictional 'tolkienesque' world with it's own creation myth and cultural tensions. It's mainly a melting pot of all different kinds fantasy styles and 'atmospheres' I like.

Thanks for reading my introduction.

2. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Senior Member

Welcome to the site. Maybe tell us more about your project?

3. Wendybird

Wendybird Member

Hi Jonslongs,
    I just joined this site too. Just wanted to say "hi". Hope to see you around.

4. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Hi, Jonslongs! Welcome!

5. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Salutations to the forum, sir. :superhello:

Good luck with your works, and I will C-ya around. :supersmile:
    Typing Horse.gif

6. Jonslongs Johnson

Interested? Ok fine.

It's a world created by the sons and daughters of the gods, lower gods so to speak. The gods allowed their children to each have their own realm, but were hesitant to let these young gods, inexperienced as they were, create living conscious beings within them. So instead they granted them a common realm to watch over and create their own lifeforms just as they where once created themselves.

Just as the gods foresaw, their children made their figments of imagination come to life without any care put behind it. The realm was populated with weird abstract entities, inconsistent and chaotic. What was worse, they forgot to make them mortal. Things quickly spiraled out of hand. So as a matter of damage control they built a spherical prison for them, locked them inside and started anew on top of it. The surface of this hollow sphere is what the world is today.

The lower gods tried a second time to create life. First they shaped the surface of the sphere to make it habitable for their creations. Instead of wildly painting and etching like they did at first, they planned it out carefully. Even cooperated with each other. The world slowly became inhabited. First came small animals, then big animals, then beasts. In the end they managed to create different kinds of creatures capable of rational thought and creating tools, cultures and tribes. Even civilizations. Their newly made ecosystem got traction and started interacting in many wondrous and unforeseeable ways.

They where pleased. And their parents where pleased too. So pleased even they made a deal with their children.

"What if there where a being on your world whose soul could travel to your own realms like you always wanted?" Asked the gods. "But you have to leave this common realm and seduce their harts and minds from afar in order to get them."

The lower gods thought about it for a while. To finally have children of their own was indeed alluring. To truly be omnipotent gods in their own personal realms of creation was a fate any god desires most, so they accepted. And humanity was finally created with this design in mind. And the gods where banished back to their own realms.

The further happenings in this world all have to do with the relations of men with gods. The gods tirelessly competing for souls, and men waging war and creating cultures for differing deities. Or not, since some men despise the arrogance of the gods. They try to remain mortal trough rejecting the gods with 'sober' industry and science. Even some aspire to become gods themselves. It's a big war of ideology.

So that's my geekish world concept in short. As of right now I'm not designing it with any literary future in mind, it's just a personal project combining everything I like about fantasy worlds. I maybe post some other things about it here but I'll use this forum mainly for weird short stories and inspiration.

Wendybird likes this.
  7. Wendybird

Wendybird Member

Very cool! I love the concept.

8. Jonslongs Johnson

Thank you kindly.