Tags:
  1. AmyTheCurious

AmyTheCurious New Member

Hello all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AmyTheCurious, Jul 16, 2017.

Hello, I'm Amy, and I really want to get back into writing. Since studying for exams became a very time consuming part of my life (about 3 years ago) I've done absolutely nothing creative, as I used to spend all my free time writing and drawing, and I feel as though I've lost the creativeness I once had.
    Though I'm not looking to write a novel any time soon, I would really love to start writing more when I find the time, to start gaining back any skill I might have had before, and I thought that joining this forum, and integrating myself with writers, would give me the motivation and prompts that I need, and I'd maybe even make a few friends along the way! :)

2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Welcome, Amy!

Are you done with school now, or still finishing up?

3. AmyTheCurious

AmyTheCurious New Member

I start my final year of school in September and then I'm planning on going to university to study biotechnology :)

BayView likes this.
  4. Gidget

Gidget Member

Wow! Biotech interests and creative too. That's got to be using both hemispheres of the brain.
    Welcome to the forums. I hope that you find the inspiration that you need to breathe life back into the writer in you.

5. AmyTheCurious

AmyTheCurious New Member

Thank you! I hope so too.
    Would you, or anyone else, have any advice on finding motivation, as I seem to have surplus but when I get to actually sitting down to write it all seems to vanish.

6. Gidget

Gidget Member

Motivation isn't usually a problem for me. (My usual struggle is to STOP writing so as to have time for my paying job).

Do you have anyone in your life who would be good at keeping you accountable to writing a certain number of words in any given day? If not, I bet you could start a thread on the forum and ask for members to give you a kick in the ... well, you know ... if you're lagging behind on your goal.

AmyTheCurious likes this.
  7. AmyTheCurious

AmyTheCurious New Member

That's a good idea, thank you for the advice!