1. LionofPerth

LionofPerth New Member

Hello All!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LionofPerth, Jul 21, 2007.

Hi all.

I'm new, kinda obvious isn't it?

I have too many ideas in my head, so I started out writing some rather basic, and crappy, fan fiction, and I like to think it was practise at writing for real.

As well as the story telling, I try to write my own games, guess I like playing with words huh?

More details on the games can be found on my homepage, while it is a forum, it was the only avenue I could think of at the time to get my ideas out there. Kinda dead, too.

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome to WF.org. It is wonderful to have another Aussie around the place.
    I do hope that you enjoy your time here with all of us and I look forward to seeing you around the board.
    Any questions feel free to ask, if you want any reviews send me or one of the other reviewers a pm and we shall help out where we can.

Well have fun

Torana

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello, Lion, and welcome to the Writing Forums.

I think a lot of writers start out with some manner of fan fiction. The attraction is that many of the characters and much of their environment has already been established, so you can focus on plot. However, I also think that is the greatest downside of fan fic. If you start out with someone else's fouundations, you cheat yourself out of the most creative elements of writing. Fan fic usually seems flat and lifeless to me, because of the aspects that the writer tends to treat as sacred. It inhibits growth and development.

Look around the site to see all we have to offer, and to get to know the fine people here. I hope you find inspiration and challenges. not to mention confidence, here. Have fun!

4. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Hello there! It's kind of strange that I should welcome you after already having critiqued your piece, but I'm trawling through the forums at the moment, so please forgive me.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, and if you need any help with anything, please feel free to ask. I'm always happy to help as much as I can.

5. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hello there! Welcome to the forums, its certainly good to have you here and I look forward to seeing you around.

6. LionofPerth

LionofPerth New Member

Thanks for the welcome, I feel all warm and fuzzy.

As for the fan fic, I get that some of the time, but the truth is, it's been a way for me to, how do I say this, get all of the crap out of my system, I got some stories going, but they can be practise sessions really.

Each time I start a new fic, not that I plan on starting on more, I always just use the names and settings, everything else has me own little touch on it, I don't like following cannon that much.

One story I based off of Harry Potter getting a remote and going sliding, my first attempt. The current story, Balance is probably my first real attempt at getting a proper story together.

No questions really, think I got how this site works, and I think I'll be leaving my boots off in the corner.

7. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Glad to hear that you're settling in alright, and good luck with your writing :)

8. LionofPerth

LionofPerth New Member

A good nights sleep, and a laptop is all I need, luck doesn't enter in it, I find I just have these dreams, and my ideas come out of them.

I've been told I can write some very good dreamscapes.

9. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I go away for 36 hours and all these new members!

Anyway, hello and welcome! If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

10. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome to writing Forums. I certainly hope you stick around

~Raven.

11. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

hello