1. Pcmulready

Pcmulready New Member

Hello everybody!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pcmulready, Mar 21, 2017.

I'm a young writer, I'm in eighth grade right now. I'm hoping this forum will help me with both my creative writing and my writing structure. I write often and greatly enjoy it, so I'll probably have a lot to say and comment on. Does anybody have any advice for newcomers? I look forward to getting to know everything soon! Thank you!

2. EFF_FireFly

EFF_FireFly New Member

I'm pretty new here too, but my biggest suggestion is to get really familiar with plot structure. The biggest pitfall I've seen of writers who are just starting out is having a great idea, but they don't know where it ends. I tend to start my plot brainstorming with where my story ends and then figure out how my characters get there. I hope this helps.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Everything? Soon? I just turned 47 and I'm far from knowing everything. :bigwink:

Welcome to the forum. Make sure to have a look at the PM you'll have gotten from me upon joining. :agreed:

Wrey

4. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Hi, Doctor Nick! Couldn't resist. :D

My advice to every writer... read, and write, read, and write. Every minute you spend reading or writing improves your writing. Every single minute.

Homer Potvin likes this.