1. Quan Williams

Quan Williams New Member

Hello, Everybody.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Quan Williams, Oct 4, 2021.

Hey all.
    Thanks for letting me aboard. My name is Quan Williams, and I'm always looking for people to network with and talk to about improving my writing craft.
    I've been writing stories for over 30 years, in a variety of genres. I wrote and drew my own line of comic books while in high school, I was an entertainment journalist for my college newspaper, and I've published four novels (in a variety of genres) and a graphic novel since graduating.
    As of this post I have three completed novel manuscripts I want to seek representation for. So I thought getting involved in places like this would help me refine both the manuscript themselves and the queries, synopses, blurbs, and other related materials surrounding the manuscripts to make my stories irresistible to agents and editors.

Also, I run a writing advice blog, and once a month I interview a published author to get their perspectives of the writing and storytelling process. So if any of you have a published book out (any genre), then please contact me. I would love to interview you (and it's also free publicity for you!)

Steve Rivers likes this.
  2. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

I'm sure you'll get a lot of opinions on any manuscript excerpts you post or help with query letters and the like. It sounds like you've already had a really varied and interesting writing career so far as well.

I checked your bio but didn't find a url, so feel free to chuck up a link to your advice blog. I get curious so easily, I must have mild OCD heh.
    What were your four published novels? Im dead curious about those, too.

Welcome to the forums, Quan!

3. Quan Williams

Quan Williams New Member

Thanks for the reply. I just added my website and a bunch more info to my profile.
    My four books are:
    1. The Leopard Man (YA, Publish America)
    2. Double Entry (Mainstream Fiction, Red Rose Publications)
    3. Godmode (Sci-fi Survival Horror, Necro Publications)
    4. The Hand You're Dealt (Literary Fiction, King Jewel Publications)

I also self-published a graphic novel (The Seizure) and an illustrated chapbook of songs I recorded (You Only Die Once).
    You can get most of that stuff at my amazon profile: https://www.amazon.com/Quan-Williams/e/B00J6FJY9S
    the chapbook you can download for free at http://jugghead.quanwilliams.com

4. CHAK

CHAK Member

Hi Quan.

I’m not a published author. Speculative/ Science fiction is just a hobby for now (just writing short stories and entering contests), but I’m learning a lot from this forum. Feedback has been very generous so far.

I was just thinking of interviewing authors (in my field) for a blog. Please let us know how it works for you.

Good Luck!

5. Quan Williams

Quan Williams New Member

I've been maintaining my blog for a few years now, and I usually get a nice amount
    I've been maintaining my blog for a few years now, and I've racked up quite a few interviews. they help drive traffic to my blog because the Fans of those authors check in to see the interview. check a few of them out at https://proseandquans.substack.com and subscribe if you like what you see!

CHAK likes this.
  6. CHAK

CHAK Member

Thank you for the link. Some very helpful articles too (‘There has to be a payoff’ / ‘Osh Moment’ / etc).

Quan Williams likes this.
  7. Billy Harris

Billy Harris New Member

Hey I just recently wrote a graphic novel myself and I was wondering if you had any tips yourself for getting represented, like what agencies to go to. Also I'd like to hear about your journey and what its been like for you on your road to get published. Sorry if I seem a bit bold, I'm just trying my best to get as much information as possible while I'm on my own road to getting published. I've been at it for about 6 months now, so it's been a bit of a journey already with all the waiting. Still though, I feel optimistic towards my goal of becoming published someday. So yeah if you have any tips I would love to hear them. Thank you Quan.