1. Lisa M. Green

Lisa M. Green New Member

Don't Panic ~ I'm Mostly Harmless

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lisa M. Green, Sep 16, 2013.

Ok, did you like that? No? Well, I tried. So much for shamelessly spouting quotes to fit in with the cool kids. Now you have to read my ridiculously long introduction.

I am a thirty-something high school English/Special Education teacher who enjoys reading, writing, cooking, travelling, and hiking. When I started at college at the age of nineteen, I was majoring in journalism and had a passion for writing. However, early on I took what was supposed to be a year off; after a marriage, a child, a divorce, and a house, I decided to return to school and major in education. In other words, I talked myself out of following the path I desired because I was afraid. I didn’t necessarily want to go into journalism, but I did want to become a better writer and someday follow my dreams of writing a novel. The good thing was my English Education degree swept me through several courses—one in particular—that shaped me into a drastically better writer than I could have ever hoped. I was always a “good” writer, but now I feel I’m more than good. I know this all sounds a bit arrogant, but I am so excited to be writing my first novel that I get emotional every time I think about it. I look back to where I was and where I am now, and I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. It’s extremely hard between teaching and raising a teenager, but I’m finding time where I can. At about 150 pages in (standard novel size pages), I am getting more and more nervous, but excited as well. My wonderful fiancé is a man of many talents: photographer, graphic designer, website designer (the major portion of his current day job), and marketing manager. I am very lucky to have someone who literally has professional experience in almost every area that can help me succeed in my dream. He designed my website, as well as the cover art for my book. If you find yourself interested, or perhaps just curious, you can visit my website at [link removed] and like my facebook page at [link removed]. I’m also on Twitter and Goodreads, but that info is listed on the other sites if needed. It gets confusing with my name because my current last name is different from my “author” name only because we went with the last name I will have once it changes. If I’ve confused you, then perhaps I’ve succeeded in persuading you to go see for yourself. If I’m being rude by posting up all my websites, I apologize. Thanks for reading my extremely long post!

Dean Stride likes this.
  2. Dean Stride

Dean Stride Senior Member

Uh, Lisa, you might wanna fix that link, which directs to your website, it has an additional 'd' after the '.com'.

Oh, where are my manners, welcome to the forums!

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Lisa, welcome. :)

Here's a copy of the rules: Forum Rules

Now, you're just in the door, so no biggie, but the links in your intro are a no-no on our site. No biggie, but if you could edit them out, that would be brilliant. I normally do it myself, but yours are imbedded in the context of your text and I don't want to ruin it.

Wrey