1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Hello, and goodbye?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lewdog, Dec 9, 2012.

My name is Will with the handle Lewdog, which was a nickname some people used to call me. I like to write with realism. I'm best when I write stories in a point of view style and using everyday lingo and jargon. I have tons of ideas swimming in the fishbowl I call my mind. I'm more than willing to help people with ideas, plot development, or reviews. I do write some poetry, which used to be the staple of my skills. I've worked to become as diverse as possible. I would really like to create and polish off some movie ideas I have along with a movie treatment which I have already done. Feel free to contact me at anytime! If I screw up forum rule, please try to let me know, because I sometimes lose track of what's acceptable, and what isn't. I don't do it on purpose, and hope that people can understand that, by my posts as a whole.

So hello!

2. Em_Anders

Em_Anders Member

Before I read your post I thought maybe you picked Lewdog as a nod to Sublime's dalmation.
    From one newbie to another, welcome :)

3. Lewdog

I've gotten that before! I know who Sublime is, and have listened to their songs, but I never knew that was his dog's name. I used to have a room mate friend that was good friends with the late Brad Nowell. My buddy lived in California while he attended Long Beach State.

Welcome to the board, hopefully I last longer than usual. Lol. I don't try to break the rules, but things are so sensitive these days, and with the diversity of the world, and diversity of subcultures is each area, blurs that line between what is acceptable. It's tough.

4. Em_Anders

Em_Anders Member

I'm beyond jealous that your friend knew Brad Nowell. Sublime's been one of my favorite go-to bands since sixth grade.
    And I hear you on the sensitivity. I was removed from a different writing forum for displaying a segment on a character of mine who is especially sociopathic. I guess they didn't appreciate the logic and attention to detail that went into her more...manic...moments. Hopefully it works out for you here. And if not, I'm not sensitive. I'll read whatever. Just don't expect a sugar-coated review ;)

5. Lewdog

Yes I recently started a short story that is a point of view style based in realism. So of course there is going to be some cursing, violence, etc. If you've seen the movie "The Hurtlocker" you would understand what I mean. It's a raw insight into the front line of the war, it's hard to censor and still get the same emotions conveyed. I really like the flow of it, and I have a very telling end, that will really leave the reader wanting more. It isn't a concrete finality, I could continue to use the same point of view character, so who knows. I am really on these forums because I don't have a real person in my life I can real bounce ideas back and forth off of each other. I have two goals because honestly I can't sit down and write large amounts of print, and if it was up to me to write a novel, I wouldn't be half done while laying on my deathbed begging the nurse to dictate for me. I have a serious money making non-fictional novel in mind, and several serious drawn out movie ideas, but I have never written a script in my life and would like to find the lock that my key fits. Hopefully there is someone out there that can do scripts but have just run out of ideas, because I have the ideas and no writing experience!

I hope you find what you are looking for on here, I just noticed a girl that I talked to on another web forum that I got banned from, is banned from this one. Funny how that works.

6. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to Writing Forums, Will!

I hope you find what you're looking for here, whatever your interests in writing.

This forum aims to provide the best workshopping resources on the internet, and to that end we have a few rules which you should familiarise yourself with before you get stuck in. The main section of the site is the Writing Workshop, where members can post their writing in order to receive critique of their work.

However, before we allow members to post their work, they must have met some basic requirements. Firstly, you must have been a member for fourteen days, and have made twenty posts on the forum overall (please note, posts in Word Games do not count towards this). This is so that members, when they post their work, have familiarised themselves with the forums and contributed to them (as well as hopefully learned something for themselves). Secondly, members must provide two constructive reviews of other people's work for each piece of their own that they wish to post. This is because we believe that the focus of workshopping should be equally upon giving reviews as receiving them, as they allow a writer to practice and improve their editing skills, which they can then apply to their own writing.

Beyond the Writing Workshop, you will find that we have extensive forums for discussion of aspects of writing, as well as a community area for general discussion. We also run periodic short story and poetry contests, which are good for challenging yourself and expanding your skills.

If you have any questions or problems, then the moderators (myself, Cogito, Lemex and Dante Dases) should be your first port of call. Any technical problems with the site itself should be directed to Daniel, the site administrator and owner. I would recommend you have a look over the rules so that you know what to expect, and what is expected. But aside from that, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Banzai