1. Leaf

Leaf New Member

Hello, from a chronic lurker

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Leaf, Apr 8, 2007.

I took a long time deliberating over what writing forum to join, and I think I've made the right choice. :) I'm extremely nervous of criticism among people I know, but anonymity always makes it easier. This doesn't mean I'll be at all offended over helpful advice; I just try to be cautious of not personally offending a sensitive piece of writing.

And now, I must shamelessly admit that I've already encountered a problem, haha. In terms of the correct subforum for different types of writing, I'm having a little difficulty in deciding where to post a half page of prose I'm sort of labouring over. I wrote it in a sense that it could have come out as a poem, but it's more like a short piece of reflective narrative. It's just that it's so short that I would feel better posting it in the poetry section, rather than, say, the short story section. It doesn't have the form of a poem, but I wouldn't at all mind morphing it into one if I thought it could work. If anyone could direct me where to try posting this, that would be great.

Thanks all, in advance.

2. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Hi there.
    No clue where you should post that bit of fiction. If no one else has any ideas post it in the short story section, and the worst that will happen is someone will tell you it should be somewhere else.
    Hope you like it here, most of us aren't really critical, and even the ones that are, want to be helpful.
    Cheers

3. WhiteRider

WhiteRider New Member

Yeah post it in the short story section. And welcome to WF!

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

welcome to the forum look forward to reading your work.

If you are unsure there is another poetry section it can be posted into where very few people post poetry up, basically it is a place for poetic discussions and an area where you can research with other members.
    (hope that helps)

Well hope you enjoy your time here.

Torana

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Firstly, welcome to the site. Glad you finally decided to sign up.

Regarding placement... just make your best judgment. Post it wherever you think it fits best.

Thanks,

6. Raven

Raven Banned

Firstly i'd like to Welcome you to the forum and its good to see you picked us to join.

Regarding posting your work. Don't be afraid you'll recieve good honest critique off other members the critique here is always constructive and very helpful.
    Sometimes its not what we want to hear but its always honest and helpful.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM (Post Message) Myself the other Mods or the site Admin with any questions you might have.

I hope you stick around.

~Raven.

7. Kincaid

Kincaid New Member

Welcome. You chose a pretty good forum.

8. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

You've chosen right, welcome.