1. lovelyinblack

lovelyinblack New Member

Hello from a graphic novel lover! :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lovelyinblack, Jan 3, 2018.

Hello there!

I'm not entirely sure what a proper introduction looks like here, but here it goes...

My name is Jordan. A bit about me, I'm a fresh undergrad and illustrator from Richmond Virginia. I also have a cat named Jack.

I love to write, I always have, despite it not being my strongest suit. That said, I've signed on here with hopes of improving my writing skills, especially my dialog as I really love to work on graphic novels. I currently have one pet project that's been close to me for a few years, it is a graphic novel retelling of La Belle et la Bete. I hope to apply what I learn here to that. A piece of my artwork for this particular project is my avatar for visual reference.

Anyhoo, I'm super excited to be here and I'm really looking forward to chatting with you all!

2. OJB

OJB A Mean Old Man Contributor

Welcome,

I and Artist are working on your first graphic novel project right now; so you're not alone here.

-

Good luck.

-OJB

3. Tomb1302

Tomb1302 Senior Member

Welcome to the club :)

I'm a fairly young and inexperienced writer myself, with the exact same intentions as you - To get a book published, and grow as a writer!

4. lovelyinblack

lovelyinblack New Member

Thats exciting to hear! Have you posted any progress of it here?

5. OJB

OJB A Mean Old Man Contributor

The text I can post; I am not allowed to post the art as, well, it is not mine to show. Though our story is more of an Illustrated story type of Graphic novel vs. a Comic book format Graphic Novel.