1. Rooinl Wazlib

Rooinl Wazlib New Member

Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rooinl Wazlib, Mar 5, 2021.

Hey everyone. Nice to be here. I'm Shannon. It's nice to meet you.

I haven't been on a writing forum for about 13 years, so I'm a little rusty and a little nervous. hehe

I'm 29 and write a combination of fantasy/science-fiction/romance.

Currently having trouble figuring out what the heck needs to be in a premise and how exactly it should be written so I'm off to find the appropriate place to post about that.

Thanks, everyone.

Rizona, SlayerC79, J.D. Ray and 3 others like this.
  2. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Hello @Rooinl Wazlib —welcome to our little message board! Hope you like it here.

3. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

Australia is a big place. Could you be a little more specific?

I spent a couple of weeks in the Sydney area. Very different from all the places in the US, yet eerily the same in spots. It's what the US might have looked like if the American War of Independence had been lost, or never been fought.

What was interesting was that when people realized that I wasn't Australian, they naturally assumed that I was from Canada, since few Americans visited Australia in the 1990s, but many Canadians did.

4. Rooinl Wazlib

Rooinl Wazlib New Member

Hi @Xoic :) nice to meet you :)

Hellow @JLT I'm in the hunter valley region - Sydney is included in this area, but I'm a little more country city type vibe.
    Interesting that you say that. I don't go to Sydney often as i hate the city, lol. Much to crowed for me. I hope you enjoyed your time here :) we Aussie folk are pretty laid back :)

Xoic likes this.
  5. J.D. Ray

J.D. Ray Member Supporter Contributor

Welcome aboard. I started my novel-writing journey here two and a half years ago, and just published it today. I could not have done it without the support of the people on this forum. You have to put in the work, and be willing to take criticism (constructive, but criticism nonetheless), but your writing will improve no matter what level you're starting at.

(Note that I ended a sentence with a preposition, which would be pounced on in the workshop. :D )

Cheers.

JD

Rizona and Xoic like this.
  6. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

Hello and welcome. :)

A fantasy/science-fiction/romance or a fan-sci-fi-rom?

Nice. The bestest of luck.

7. Rooinl Wazlib

Rooinl Wazlib New Member

hellow @J.D. Ray - congratulations :) im sure i will improve. no matter what level there is always room for improvement.

hi @SlayerC79 - either or i guess. haha. Nice to meet you :)

SlayerC79 likes this.
  8. Bob Jones

Bob Jones New Member

My favorite niece married an Australian and moved there. He works in the family-owned bottle shop, and their children attend exclusive schools.

9. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

Or both. :)

I could guess by your username that you were from the land down under. No one contorts words like you lot... ;)

Xoic likes this.
  10. Agda

Agda New Member

Hello from another Australian! Nice to meet someone else in the same region :)