Tags:
  1. ghostpit

ghostpit New Member

Hello from beyond the grave...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ghostpit, Jun 1, 2020.

Ghostpit here, and I'm here to haunt these forums, ooOOOooooOOOO.....

I'm a 21 years old, white, and from Canada. I'm going to school for journalism in the fall. My main focus are fantasy stories, usually with elements of taking down the Big Corrupt Government. I love that good Robin Hood content.

As for other hobbies I read, watch anime, do visual art, and like to ride my bicycle. I hope to buy a bass guitar in the near future because regular ole guitar doesn't speak to me the same.

Anyway, I'll be haunting around the forums. OOoOOOoOooOO......

Scarlett_Rav and Some Guy like this.
  2. Cdn Writer

Cdn Writer Contributor Contributor

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America
    Currently Reading::
    TRYING (!!!) to read Eric Flint's "Ring of Fire" series.......it's soooo many books!!!!!
    Hahaha!! Interesting introduction.

Welcome to the forums. I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba. It's nice to see we're taking over!! (I'm kidding!)

Pretty friendly place, easy going with lots of helpful folks.

Scott

3. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Hey from ummm—the OTHER side of the grave I guess. Hope you can pop in every now and then when you aren't busy knocking or poltergeist-ing or whatever supernatural duties you have.

So, would you be here for—ghost writing then? :cool:

jannert likes this.
  4. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello, ghostpit

I’m one of the forum moderators, and I want to welcome you to the forum. This is unusual. I've never welcomed a phantom to the forum before. I guess there's always a first time. Robin Hood taking on corrupt government? I reckon you're spoiled for choice on that one at the moment. Just hope Robin wins. :)

In order to help you get oriented and get settled, here are a couple of links I strongly recommend that you read at the start, if you haven’t already. They will give you a good idea of how we operate here on the forum:

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

You will notice in the New Member Quick Start that in order to post your work in the Workshop area—the only area of the forum where you are allowed to post your work and ask for feedback—you will need to do at least two critiques for other people, in exchange for receiving feedback on one of your own pieces of work.

This site is designed around the concept of members helping each other out by ‘paying it forward’—through our two-for-one critique system. So do two critiques, THEN you can post something of your own. This advance 2:1 ratio lasts as long as your membership here—although it is your own responsibility to keep track of your own ratio. The software doesn't keep track of it for you, beyond your first two critiques.

In order to help you get started doing critiques, here is a link to a good article written by one of our former moderators: https://www.writingforums.org/threads/constructive-critiques.20627/

One of the popular areas of our forum is our contest section. There is a monthly contest running for Short Stories, Flash Fiction and Poetry. You can enter these ongoing contests, even as a new member. And we really encourage you to visit the site, read the current entries, and vote for your favourite when the voting period starts. This means a lot to the people who have written these entries. And it will also give you a good idea of what our members are capable of writing.
    https://www.writingforums.org/writing-contests/

While the Role Playing Game section is not new, it’s being given a revamp. So if you are interested in playing and writing Role Playing Games, you might want to visit this section and get in on the fun. https://www.writingforums.org/threads/resurrecting-the-dead-rpg-section-rebuild.165055/

I hope you have fun getting to know us and let us get to know you, via the posts you make. Please feel free to explore the forum. There is a lot under the hood. This site map might help you find your way around more quickly than the menu bars do, so feel free to use it. https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

If you encounter any difficulties, don’t hesitate to contact me or one of the other moderators, whose names appear in yellow at the bottom of the Community page. We will be glad to help.

Again, welcome! Why am I saying that to a ghost? :ghost:

Cheers for now,
    Jan