1. TheClintHennesy

TheClintHennesy Member

Hi everyone! my name's clint! :d

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TheClintHennesy, Jul 22, 2015.

So uhh.Yeah... What the title says! [​IMG]

Just a bit of information about me... I'm more of an artist than a writer. I draw and paint digitally and traditionally!

I'm here in the forums for tons of reasons...
    For 3-4 months, I've been trying very hard to find a community where I have like minded people I can check up on and all that. I've always been searching for an art forum/CG forum. That didn't really work out for me for a bunch of reasons cuz it wasn't what I was looking for.

Right now, I have some spare time... well... quite a bit of spare time. I have until the end of the year to build an Art Portfolio. Early this year, I compiled my art work just to see what I was missing. It turns out I was missing a lot of original art (as in, Original Character Concepts, etc.) I had a lot of Fan Art.

I'm kind of a Fan Boy when it comes to everything. If this character has a good story that I like, I get into this state of obsessing over it and just wanting to express my love for it... and uhhh... That was very difficult to pull of for Original Art because most of the Original Art that I did never had any written background.

So I don't know how and why, but I went to search for "World Building Forums" on Google and got here. I went over the forums and got pretty excited and thought "Maybe this might be a good place for me!"

Soo umm... yeah... I hope that explains enough! [​IMG]

Oh yeah... About my writing background...

I've been blogging for the past... 4... or 5 years. I wrote a lot of non-sense in the past (And sometimes, still writing them in the present.) I love to write. I like doing write ups on characters, games I play, and all that- but the problem is I'm not exactly the best reader. The only book I've finished in my life was the Little Prince and I didn't even understand it. I think (just Maybe!) I have some form of mild ADHD where I just can't sit down in one spot and stare at words for too long. I end up reading them word-for-word and not understand anything in the end. Because of this, my pool of words is really small and I don't know a lot of good words to describe things (which is why my story-writing is pretty crappy. I have a small word pool to pick from. [​IMG] )

Anyways... uhh.. yeah.. That's all!

It's nice to meet you all and I hope i get to meet friends here and all that! [​IMG]

2. Song

Song Active Member

Welcome to the forum! As a fantasy writer world building is one of the bits I like about writing stories. I have always admired artists for being able to get the image in their head out in picture form. I suck at it, I can do some basic stuff but beyond that things start to look weird. Hope you find some kindred spirits here.

3. TheClintHennesy

TheClintHennesy Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! :p

I was thinking of starting a thread somewhere- like... a development thread where I just update little statuses on my current progress for the World that I'm building. xD
    I'm still figuring out how the forum works. :p :D

4. Song

Song Active Member

I'm still working it out too. There is a section for world building I think. Have a nose around and see what you can find.

5. DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse Member

I can somewhat relate because I have never been able to read or focus on one thing at once, so instead of being perturbed I take little dips at a time into things and kinda spread it out so I read several things at once and I make slow but energetic progress! I use anti-logic :p
    Hope you stick around!