1. Reilley Turner

Reilley Turner Active Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Reilley Turner, Jun 5, 2015.

My name is Reilley Turner, but I also go by the name "linkboy84" online. I have many interests, so here we go!

The following 2 topics are not writing-related so feel free to skip them if you so please.
    Art
    Pixel Art
    I enjoy "pixeling" and it is one of my many day-to-day activities, even more so on the weekends.

Drawing
    I enjoy drawing, but, in my eyes, pixeling holds more appeal, but I will always draw, even if I enjoy pixel art more.​

Gaming
    Minecraft
    I hold Minecraft close to my heart, as I am creative in many ways, including building in Minecraft, drawing, pixeling and, a more recent discovery, writing on paper and then moving it to the computer when I have finished a substantial amount of work.

Other
    I also enjoy playing other games and game series, such as "The Legend of Zelda" series, as well as the recently explored "Metroid" series of games, as well as games that allow you to be creative.​

Writing
    I discovered writing about a month or two ago and have started writing a novel ever since. I recently had to greatly alter my story because it was crap, so say it bluntly. For example, the Prologue was only half a page! But that mistake had been fixed, so lets learn from it, shall we?

My Writing Process
    My writing process is writing it down on paper, then transferring it to an electronic copy, making edits as I go. So the paper copy is the first copy, then once I transfer it electronically, it becomes my second copy. And that's as far as I have gotten down the writing process.

Inspiration
    I take great inspiration from fantasy, namely the "Ranger's Apprentice" series.​

P.S. I will fill out as I go, I just want to save this post every so often

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. PiP

PiP Contributor Contributor

Hello

Interesting array of interest you have there. I confess I'd no idea what pixel art was and curiosity got the better of me. After some research I concluded it's like tapestry or cross stitch except with pens. Am I on the right track?

As for writing I also prefer to write on paper first.

Good luck with the novel and hope the WF community can help to inspire you to complete it. If not, it's a great place to procrastinate and meet fellow writers:superidea:

3. EmptySoul

EmptySoul Active Member

Hi and welcome!

Just looking at your interests has me exhausted. :rofl:

4. Reilley Turner

@ladybird your close :) pixel art is a form of digital art that is generally on a smaller scale and focuses on the pixels from a purposefully limited palette more then the bigger picture. And a general rule of pixel art: no automatic tools. If you want I could link you to the pixel art forum I am apart of, or I could post some examples of pixel art :)

@EmptySoul Yeah, I understand. I might have to decrease or eliminate one of my interests because I barely have time for all of them XD

5. Wrizzy

Wrizzy Member

Hello, Reilley. Nice to meet you. :)

I also enjoy minecraft, among other games. (I was a gamer girl back when that wasn't a thing.) I draw and make digital art as well, but I'm fairly private about my art life. I do have an account with a fairly popular art site, but I fail to update it often because I have a hard time showing others my work! :wtf::bigeek: Maybe that translates over in my writing problems...heh.

As an artist, I found that I'm very hands on and visual. For a period of time I could only write if I went through the process you seem to do--from paper to computer. From what I understand, hand writing things stimulates and uses a different part of the brain.

And don't be too hard on yourself. Before you kick your own behind about your prologue, let the story come out. You can edit later. Besides, there may be things you can only add to the prologue after you have written a good chunk of the story! (Plus, maybe your story needs a brief prologue, you may not know yet.)

I also read the Ranger's Apprentice series :bigsmile: And that's saying something, considering I don't read as often as most writers seem to.

Well, good luck with your writing and see you around!:bigsmile:

Reilley Turner likes this.
  6. Reilley Turner

I have recently revamped my story, but kept my previous story for inspiration, as there are some things that I want to keep. I'll ask Wreybies if I can add a small portion of my my new prologue and if I can, I'll post 2-3 paragraphs here.

Oh yeah, can you finish this quote? "An ordinary archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices ___________" (Its my favorite quote).

7. Wrizzy

Wrizzy Member

Haha, "...until he never gets it wrong."

I cheated. I had to look it up, but my brain had a fuzzy memory hanging around up in there of it. I'm horrible at remembering stuff!:p

I actually don't have my books anymore, either. I lent them out to my cousins and apparently they liked them too much to give them back, lol.

8. Reilley Turner

That's fine, I had to cheat by finding the quote of the internet as well :p And, same as you, I'm horrible at remembering stuff. XD

And about the books, that just goes to show how good they are! And they must have gone "yoink!" because you didn't say that they stole them :p