Tags:
  1. StanDagger

StanDagger New Member

Hello from Stan Dagger

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by StanDagger, Mar 1, 2019.

Hello writing people
    I signed up to this forum ages ago, maybe a year I think, but then promptly forgot the name of the website. Eventually I clawed my way back, and here I am.

A year ago I was made redundant from my editorial job of 20 years, and figured I could use the time to write a book finally. Since then I have managed about 30,000 words of unedited first draft, and a few short stories, one of which was published on a flash fiction site.

I mainly read crime and sci-fi with a good amount of non-fiction thrown in. I also read a lot of graphic novels/comics. Recently I read The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford by Ron Hanson. A beautifully written book that made me a little depressed by how good it was. ;)

Anyway, hello everybody!
    Stan

2. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Hello, Stan Dagger. Cool name. Cool avatar. Welcome.

3. StanDagger

StanDagger New Member

Hi Night Herald
    Thanks. Your DK avatar is pretty cool too. Mine comes from the cover of an issue of Forced Exposure magazine.
    The Stan Dagger name goes back to the early 1980s. Me and some friends had a band (short-lived and rubbish) so we all thought up stage names. I've been using it ever since.
    Stan

Some Guy and Night Herald like this.