1. Correl Elnream

Correl Elnream New Member

Hello from the UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Correl Elnream, Oct 10, 2016.

Hello,
    I write full time, although very slowly :) I've self-published one near future sci-fi and I'm currently working on a thriller. I'm very much looking forward to interacting with fellow writers and in doing so improve my writing skills and perhaps pass on some of what I've learnt.

2. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

Welcome,
    slowly's not a bad thing at all Mr Real Corneal—that way's more considered and ordered I'd say; I write in haste, repent in the edit, and so far not had the pleasure of being published. Is your stuff akin to Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror? If so, I'd be interested in a peek. :)

3. Correl Elnream

Thanks for the encouragement Seth Loki. I'd have to say the thriller is more John le Carré than Charlie Brooker. The published sci-fi was near future dystopia.

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Correl. :)
    Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you, well, started.

I wish I could write full time! Alas, I work full time and write for a minuscule amount of time per day...

See you around! :)
    -Kat

5. Correl Elnream

Thanks Kat. I do sometimes wonder if I shouldn't be working full time too. Time will tell :)

6. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Hello...I'm brand new in here too, just getting the lay of the land. I'm retired and can and do write most days. I'm not published, trying to get someone to ask for more. It's a tough road but I'm plugging along, trying hard not to get discouraged.

7. Correl Elnream

I've hit that wall many times. The only thing that keeps me going is the indisputable fact that no successful author ever gave up :)

8. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

You're right....I can't give up...got to keep on truckin'. I think this site will help. No one else I know writes. Thanks for the encouragement.