1. Pegody

Pegody New Member

HELLO...Hello...hello-o-o-o?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pegody, Mar 8, 2016.

Am new to these hallowed halls and lost. I came looking for help, as I see myself out of control as a newbie writer, temperament-wise.
    How in the world do you, oh learned, experienced ones get any writing done with constant interruptions? I really want to know!
    I have a sign on my computer room door...a bright red sheet of paper that boldly states, "Only interrupt in case of Blood or Broken Bones". I have tried heart-to-heart talks with my beloved hubby, (co-author who can write and read and cook and talk to the dawgs at the same time, no problem) who just doesn't 'get it'. One minute I am far away, describing what I am seeing, hearing, smelling and feeling; getting the inspired words fixed just so and the next second I am 'back here where I am' because my husband has either barged in past 'the sign', loudly knocked on the door or just started talking to me through the door. I shove past him and go sit in my chair in the corner in the den and I'm not just angry, but furious! Red hot molten FURIOUS! He's hurt and mystified...every single time. I don't yell or holler, but I want to "beat people up" or scream and pound on something. But I don't. He's beginning to think there's something seriously wrong with me, and when I am still completely angry about it, even after several hours, it makes me wonder, too.
    helllllllp.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome! :)

Make sure to read through the Forum Rules to get your bearings.

Now, as to your question.... When you find the answer, let me know. Even with the luxury of working from home (and I do recognize it as a luxury) work-work is always getting in the way and then when I have free time, I have the forum to manage and my pets and the yard and groceries and.... months can go by without writing a word. :bigfrown: That's a heartbreaking admission, but it's a truth.

Wrey

3. Pegody

Pegody New Member

Thanks for your response. Yeah, things do get in the way, ahead of what we love to do. Having the time to write does seem like a luxury, as you mentioned.
    I did read the Forum Rules...at least I thought I had. I hope I didn't break any of them already. I'm staggering around in here like Frankenstein on this huge forum, accidentally knocking into things. I'll learn; I'll learn (I hope), afore I get kicked outa here.

4. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

Just explain you have a hard time focusing and when you get interrupted, you have a hard time getting back to it.

Maybe create a "writing" schedule and post it to the door and you agree to abide by it as if you were at a regular job and can't answer the phone (or answer the door when he opens it).

Pegody likes this.
  5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

No, no. You're fine. :) It's a standard-issue link. ;)

My hubby is reading my prior post and wondering why pets and groceries got mentioned but not him. :ohno::-D

Nicoel likes this.
  6. Pegody

Pegody New Member

Well, but your hubby sounds like a good boy. Even our dogs know enough to stay out of my way...away from the scary computer room door when it's closed. o_O

7. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

Just tell him any time spent on/with him isn't considered interrupting and you always appreciate his company! ;)