1. Wreknar Temper

Wreknar Temper New Member

Hello, howdy, salutations, shalom, etc.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wreknar Temper, Sep 19, 2013.

What can I say in my thread that hasn't been already been said by someone else? Probably nothing, but that's not going to stop me from trying. Hopefully my presentation gives you reason to remember my words.

Who am I? Why am I here?

In all honesty, being in my early thirties with a promising and successful career in developing server technologies, I should find myself happy with where I'm at. However, I feel that something is missing, I'd like more from life, more from my free time away from work. Perhaps its the desire to be more than what I do for a living that is driving me to this.

So considering my options, writing hearkens back to an unfinished project, an epic story I had started back in college. Putting words to paper for this was easy, at first, but progress has subsequently stalled for the better part of a decade since. Of course, after writing this out, I could be feeling the weight of an unfinished dream. I'm sure it doesn't help that my lovely wife is a big reader as well and I think she would genuinely enjoy my works. However, she's refused to read my unfinished work. I don't blame her of course, who wants to read an unfinished story?

I certainly don't care for publication. If that is the inevitable conclusion of this journey, I won't fight that end. For me, I feel finishing what I started all those years ago, will bring me to a determination if writing is a fulfilling pursuit in my spare time.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Namaste, Wreknar. :)

Many of us here are actually quite happy in our day jobs, so you are in good company. I'm a federal court interpreter, and I love it. Writing for me is a way of working out my inner self.

Here are the Forum Rules, for a smooth start. ;)

Wrey

3. EmmaWrite

EmmaWrite Member

Welcome!

Stopping by to have a brief fangirl moment over your icon. FAVORITE scene of True Grit. Oh my god.

4. Wreknar Temper

Wreknar Temper New Member

Thanks Emma and Wreybies,

While I do have a beard to gloat over, it's not even remotely as glorious as my avatar's. :D