1. DigitalDiana

DigitalDiana New Member

Hi There!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DigitalDiana, Mar 22, 2016.

Just found this site and am excited to navigate it's boundaries!
    I am a fairly new writer... recently retired and finding I now have the time to sit and put words to paper. I am a retired educator who taught English to Junior High students for a few years, so I have some editing experience behind me. I have always admired those writers who found it in themselves to write everyday even with full-time jobs and families!
    I am married with two grown children who are both off on their own. My husband is also retired and does computer programming or gaming while I sit and write. I have always leaned toward reading mysteries or legal thrillers, so I am trying my hand at a mystery novel. I jumped in with Nanowrimo in November and am planning a Camp Nano in April to polish off the 1st draft.
    Reading the forums, so many of you have such talent, I hope it rubs off!
    Diana

datahound2u likes this.
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Diana, and welcome to the forum. :)

Sounds like you'll fit right in! How's your novel manuscript coming along? I always wanted to try my hand at mystery, but I'm just not very good at plotting. :p

Here's our New Member Quick Start Guide to get you started. See you around!

-Kat

3. datahound2u

datahound2u Member

Hi, Diana! I just signed up for the April Camp NaNoWriMo event, which is my first experience with NaNoWriMo in any capacity. I'm more than a little nervous, as I am a bit worried about how I'm going to facilitate 50,000 words with a day job. If I can find you on that site, I'll add you as a writing buddy. I need all the help and inspiration I can get!