1. marayshan

marayshan New Member

HELLO I am a new member and Sci-Fi writer from the UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by marayshan, Jun 21, 2017.

Hello! I am new here too from the UK (Sussex).
    I think that Sci-Fi is great and have been writing it since I was a teenager. After I got married and started my work as a biochemist / microbiologist, I never had much time to write, so only 3 novels written and published and 3 novellas! I have been a lecturer in Health and Social Care, but now I am retired I am taking the opportunity to write a massive space epic saga!
    Trying to find literary agents and publishers has been my biggest headache, but I am sure that I am not the only one. I try to keep positive and do self-publish and assisted self-publishing. I NEVER give up!

Bye for now.
    marayshan :)

Fernando.C and ame_trine like this.
  2. Flint Springs

Flint Springs New Member

Hurray for Sci-Fi! I have a 'massive space epic saga' that I'm self publishing, thus this post caught my eye. I'm new here, too. See you around!

3. marayshan

marayshan New Member

Good to hear that someone else is writing a space epic saga. I am thoroughly enjoying all the hard work.

4. Myrrdoch

Myrrdoch Active Member

Welcome to the club! May your space epic be... uhhh... epic?

5. marayshan

marayshan New Member

Hello, My space epic saga will hopefully maintain its zest and verve. I will be including bits about genetic engineering in it, and I will also have to work out how people can live on a star ship in space with a plausible way of moving around with a reasonable force of gravity, so that they can walk without floating everywhere! I may give up on trying to work that out and just assume, by the 24th century, that it has all been developed by someone else. Trying to make science fiction scientific is not at all easy.
    Best wishes
    marayshan

6. Myrrdoch

Myrrdoch Active Member

Aw, shit, son. They spinnin'.