1. RedMargarita

RedMargarita New Member

Hello! I'm a newbie queer writer/graphic designer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RedMargarita, Dec 2, 2019.

Hey, how's it going? I'm Rita, I also go by C.R. on other places of the internets. Pleased to meet all of you! I'm a Graphic Designer who writes sci-fi, some horror and some romance on the side. I'm primarily looking for a community to help me craft my work, bounce ideas off of, and of course, to keep me accountable. So far, I've only written a couple super short stories, as I've been busy with work, but I'm hoping to use this winter to carve some more time.

Thanks again!
    Rita

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2019
    Tralala likes this.
  2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Rita! Red Margarita. (I like the username.) :)

I'm one of the forum moderators, and I want to welcome you to the forum.

You'll find lots of interest in the topics you favour. In fact sci-fi and horror are two of our most popular genres (knocking elbows with fantasy, which is probably our MOST popular genre.) However, if you take a look at our current short story contest (and yes, you can vote on the current entries—please do!) you'll discover that 'horror' is probably the way to describe the genre of this particular contest. You can plan to enter one of the contests yourself when you feel ready to do so.

I am sending you a PM (conversation) regarding one particular issue. But in the meantime...

Please take a look at these two important links. They will help you get started, give you an idea of how we operate, and what we allow and don't allow. And what we have to offer.

New Member Quick Start
    Forum Rules

And here's another link I find helpful. It's a site map, which links to all areas of the forum, and can be simpler to use than the menu/submenu tabs at the top of our pages.
    https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

I look forward to getting to know you, and hope you enjoy getting to know us. Take your time getting settled, and if you encounter any difficulties, feel free to contact me and I'll do what I can to help.

Cheers for now,
    Jan

Tralala likes this.
  3. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Rita @RedMargarita, and welcome from me. This is a very knowledgeable and respectful community, and I confess that I have learned a hell of a lot from being a member. Look forward to seeing some of your work in due course.

Tralala likes this.
  4. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

Hi Red. Great name! Hope you feel welcome here.