1. MadiCat

MadiCat New Member

Are you curious?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MadiCat, Feb 19, 2014.

If you clicked my post, clearly you are. And I applaud you for being curious!

I'm Madicat. Nearly 20, Australian blooded, more American minded; but maybe that is nearly all of us now, considering we've grown up with American culture here.

There are many things I enjoy; writing, drawing, photography, cars, and sleeping; to name a few.

I joined today because lately I've been feeling.. rather uninspired. I have all of these ideas accumulated over years of plotting, sketching, character development and plot development; but when it comes down to the nitty gritty of transforming this all into words, it's failed every time.
    So I decided I needed a break, a refresher. To write from prompts and just go with it. To read other's writing and learn from the good and the bad.

I hope my time here will be productive :-D And that I make a few friends.
    Thanks if you read this far.

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, MadiCat, and welcome to the forum! Please read the rules, paticipate, and have fun.

I'm sure you'll find friends here!

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

So, the Amero-spread is pretty heavy down your neck of the woods? It's always interesting to me to get a feel for the American presence from others who live outside the U.S. :) On lazy days I enjoy watching a show called House Hunters International and whenever the episode is in Oz, I notice that, without a doubt, your architecture and neighborhood layouts look like they could easily be anywhere in the U.S. Very similar.

So, that's me rambling.... ;)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey

4. MadiCat

MadiCat New Member

Thanks you two, reading them as we speak over a cup of coffee!

The rules seem pretty straightforward. Easy peasy.

I plan to backpack around the U.S one day and make a photo diary, and contrast it with Australia. There wont be many differences, as you said, but at least there will be no kangaroos there!
    For reference, kangaroos are simply wonderful and awful. And they can destroy a car all too easily if one hops in front of you. Keep that in mind if you ever venture down here. :)