Tags:
  1. Vikingessa

Vikingessa New Member

Aloha

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vikingessa, May 22, 2016.

Hello everyone. My name is Kris and writing keeps me from completely losing my mind. Not that I have much sanity to begin with. I’ve been writing for over half my life now. I’ve been published in a handful of anthologies as an author and artist in the supernatural/horror genre. Publishing was never something I had in mind to drive me in writing. I started submitting and was surprised. I honestly haven’t made a single submission in two years since a set of novels have required severe detangling and figuring out.

Unfortunately, I am a perfectionist. My art teacher told me it’d be my greatest downfall and was correct. I am constantly reading writing reference books, then re-reading them to hammer the information in better. I managed to finally drop one of the novels once my main character in the other started to cooperate better. I had to completely outline her past into an entire novel, but knew I was going to set it back down for later to write. It isn’t essential to the time period my character is in for the current novel.

I condone the stewing process and writing out of order.

Stumbled across this site while looking for some advice on writing telepathy into my novel.

2. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Hello @Vikingessa,

I love the horror genre myself. I use to read a lot of "how to" books but found that they are best left as a occasional reference and coffee holder instead of This-is-how-you-must-do-things guide.

Vikingessa likes this.
  3. Vikingessa

Vikingessa New Member

The hard part is finding the right ones. I own maybe seven total. A lot of plot weaving ones, then there is a character traits book. Trust me, I've thumbed through a lot of awful ones. Very few impress me.

Reading fiction is the best kick start though.

Love your icon!