1. nycoma

nycoma Active Member

hello ladies and germs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nycoma, Aug 26, 2018.

hello. nice site you have here. i've been writing on, and mostly off for a few years, unfortunately. but i keep going somehow. i gravitate to heavy story telling i.e. the sad and ever dark nexuses of the individual plight. so my favorite genre is drama/life. i'm interested in reality. i'm also an artist.. if there's an art thread somewhere, maybe i'll post something there. i listen to a lot of black metal, yet also find value in certain pop artists; the two together form a beautifully tragic elixir- a particular quality i strive to instill in my work. i love the rain, and grey skies. a random thing i detest: when someone is walking towards you in one direction, so you decide you can walk parallel to them, out of their way, until they make themselves an obstacle by walking back into your lane.

2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hullo, glad you found this thread!
    I too have a very broad music taste, mostly rock, post rock, electronic, alt and brit pop though. (I didn't even know what I listen to was called brit pop cus I'm british so I just regarded it as 'music from 90s/00s' XD)
    I hope you get settled in here and find everything you need ^^

3. nycoma

nycoma Active Member

nice, i'll look into some brit pop. anything distinct about it?

4. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Well its mainly Pulp, Blur, Suede and things like that. Its a bit dirty, not clean like a lot of pop is today and probably would go on the alt chart if released today. It just sounds 'very british' according to my boyfriend XD

5. nycoma

nycoma Active Member

just listened to some. not my style, but i can see the appeal. i'm waay into artists like Alizee, Francoise Hardy, and Melanie Martinez... even Aqua sometimes.