1. Vellidragon

Vellidragon Member

Hallo there

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vellidragon, Apr 27, 2015.

Um, hallo! I'm Tammy Spahn, a Fantasy writer, comic artist and Furry who never knows what to put in introduction posts. I mainly write escapist young-adult stories with a focus on world-building and have been self-published since 2012 (I apparently can't link to my writing here, unless I'm misunderstanding something - which I find strange, but when in Rome...). This seems like an interesting forum, though, so hi. :)

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Tammy,

Welcome to the forum. :) Good to have you here! We have plenty of fantasy writers and lovers here. :)

Here's our New Member Guide to get you started, although it seems you already took a peek at our rules. ;) Yes, we're rather cautious of allowing people to promote their work. You can have it in your signature if you want, but we tend to delete advertising posts. Once you are either a Senior Member (who've been here for at least 180 days -- 6 months-- have made at least 250 posts, and have earned at least 50 post likes) or a Supporter you'll get some leeway, as for them it's possible to start threads in our Applied Writing sub-forum, where people can share their success stories.

Anyway, I hope you'll like it here. Have fun, explore, and make new friends. :)

-Kat

3. AlcoholicWolf

AlcoholicWolf Senior Member

Allo and bonjour fellow furry writer! And another fantasy writer at that. Would be nice to check out some of the things you have written. Hope to see you around :3

4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome to the forums.

5. Vellidragon

Vellidragon Member

Thanks all for the welcomes! :) I actually had set up a signature link to my writing since I thought linking to my personal site there was allowed, but it was removed before I could post. I'm thinking it's because I have books on my site that I sell. I put a link to my Twitter there instead now, maybe that works better.

Great to see another Furry as well. :) Not sure how active I can be here, but I will stop by now and then.

EDIT: Actually, I may just have messed up on the signature. It seems any link I put there disappears. I wonder what's up with that. It shows in the preview, but it's gone when I save it.

6. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

I think you have to graduate from "new member" to "member" (14 days, 20 posts) before you can have links in your signature. :)

Vellidragon likes this.
  7. Vellidragon

Vellidragon Member

Ahh, that explains it! I had a suspicion it was a new member limitation of sorts, but I couldn't find information on it so I was just confused. Thank you very much. :)