1. Captain Cat

Captain Cat New Member

Hello people!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Captain Cat, Oct 7, 2018.

Hello, how are y'all doing? I'm personally doing fine.

I'm Captain Cat, real name Vinny (Technically not "real name" for a few reasons, but you get it) and I thought I'd look for a good forum to talk about general creative writing, this was the first result, so, here I am now.

A little bit about me: I'm a Brazilian who doesn't really read a lot of books in his own time, but that kind of enjoys writing stories from time to time, and as much as I am a good enough artist, I never have the patience to make a comic, so, novels and books are my best bet.

The only books I've really read to the end were the first Warrior Cats book and, a few years later, a collection of Edgar Allan Poe stories, quite the jump, I am aware. Despite all that, I am confident that someday I might be able to publish a full series of books that I already have been thinking about.

For a while all I wrote and read was trashy fanfiction, but I really need to broaden my horizons from exclusively garbage to mainly good stuff, with the garbage on the side. I, of course, am not seriously talking badly of anyone who wrote or writes fanfics, it's a perfectly valid gateway to creative writing.

In terms of interests, I like anime, video games, cartoons, browsing the internet and, of course, putting my stories to paper (Well, to a LibreOffice document)

Anyway, with all that out of the way, I hope to grow as an author from being here and maybe make some fellow writer friends.

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    "Welcome aboard, Cap'n."
    Handshake.gif
    "Good luck, and don' let yer typitty writer run out o' ink." :p
    Daffy Typing.gif

3. Artifacs

Artifacs Senior Member

Seja benvindo. :)
    Good luck with your books and hope you have fun here.
    Cheers.