1. platerawriter

platerawriter Banned

Hello There! ^_^

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by platerawriter, Apr 24, 2016.

Hi everyone! I'm sort of approaching a crossroad in my life and I'm hoping that this community might actually help me figure out what my path should be.

I look forward to getting to know a bunch of you and learn from the experience! Perhaps I'll try to post a writing sample too, I'll just warn you though. My confidence is not the best, so it's always really difficult for me to amass enough courage to put myself out there like that.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Hello,

I have an growing interest in journalism but then again I am currently reading a book on the writings of Hunter Thompson so that may have something to do with it. I wish I could help you in what area to go into but I am at a loss there. I do hope it works out for you and that you choose a path based on your passion and follow it as far as you can.

You have found a great board to check out though so I do hope you post some of your work here. Welcome aboard :)

Oscar Leigh and platerawriter like this.
  3. Darkbynight

Darkbynight New Member

I personally wouldn't recommend taking a year off, though that's based solely on my life experiences and not yours.
    I can't tell you what to do but it sounds like you have a lot of soul searching ahead, it's quite a big choice to make, especially if you have multiple professors who are probably a bit overzealous, pulling you in many different directions.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. I hope you're going to like it here. I already am. :)

platerawriter likes this.
  4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to WF! Sounds like you'll fit right in. :)

A year off might be a good idea, depending on your life situation and if you can afford it. I'm also unsure of the direction my life should take at this point, so I can sympathize with your conundrum. :dead:

Here's our New Member Quick Start Guide to get you started. Have fun!

-Kat

Oscar Leigh and platerawriter like this.
  5. platerawriter

platerawriter Banned

Just to clarify, my old account from a long time ago and the new one got merged, so that's why some of the information changed. :)

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  6. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

HIIIII!! :D:D

platerawriter likes this.
  7. platerawriter

platerawriter Banned

Hiya! :)

Oscar Leigh likes this.