1. Diane Elgin

Diane Elgin Member

Good Afternoon, One and All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Diane Elgin, Apr 25, 2016.

It's a pleasure to be here and hopefully I'll enjoy the pleasure of meeting a good many of you. I'm a hobbyist fiction writer with a particular interest in editing and critique and I look forward to engaging with the work shared on this forum.

In the past, peers have described my writing style as one of potent visual direction with a shortfall in regards to sensual immersion and interior monologue. As a person I'm very visually orientated so this follows. However, I'm looking to improve on this and when that dreaded time arises for me to share some work, I'll be looking to connect with artists possessing the floral imagination I greatly admire.

My reading interests know no genre or form. As much as the market demands mastery rather than a wide reaching skill set, my writing genre is defined by whatever story I'm writing at the time and so one day my mind can take me on a far flung space adventure, the next to a murder scene, the day after to love in a squalid apartment. My influences for style are Hemingway, Chekhov, Orwell and Sebastian Faulks and I'm currently reading 'Crime and Punishment', Fyodor Dostoevsky for the first time. My appetite for pulp has been satiated after thirteen years of reading and the time to clue up on classics has arrived as I prepare to take my craft to another level.

In short; Hello. Lovely to be here.

Brindy likes this.
  2. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

Good entrance; by that alone I can see your craft's already at another level. Stay on the radar won't you, my shameless self and the workshop inhabitants will lap up your interest in editing and critique.

3. Brindy

Brindy Senior Member

Welcome, that is some introduction.