1. Mats Rafoss

Mats Rafoss New Member

The Ghost Without a Navigator

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mats Rafoss, Dec 14, 2013.

Hello there, and good whatever it is wherever you are, whenever you read this.
    - The name's Mats.

I guess the most accurate thing to call myself is "an aspiring writer," or rather... Over-aspiring writer.See, I'm roughly exactly 22 years old and live in Norway, which I've done my entire life thus far, and I absolutely hate my own language. Well, that's not entirely true, I actually do find it very beautiful when secluded to singular motions of poetry or song. But as a writing-language for anything longer than a short short-story, my language is one of the least varied and least creative languages I know of, which in truth isn't many, but enough to know that I know I prefer most other written languages before my own.
    That's why I attempt writing in English. And as thus, considering I do have the tiniest speck of a dream of one day to become a published author, I chose to name myself an over-aspiring writer.

Only some months ago, or maybe even longer, I was a part of another writing forum named "The Writer's Forum," where I was so lucky as to actually get included into a collection book of the works shared on the site that they published. But then one day when I was about to go peep around for a bit, I noticed it was... Well, closed. Without any pre-warnings or notices, not on my end anyway. So, I've been looking around to see if there was somewhere else I might make camp, so to speak, and now I've stumbled upon this forum. Hope it's active and thriving, because that's exactly what an aspiring writer needs :)

If I am to share anything more about myself I can say that I mostly prefer writing fantasy or science fiction novels and works, though I do tend to walk a little all over the place, like, I guess, most early-stage aspiring writers does. I am currently studying, having worked as a Carpenter for roughly five years after I quit Secondary School I'm kind of late in my early studies, but then there's really no rush, life's too good to be rushed. I'm aiming for Psychology, but I'm realistic too, so I might end up studying sociology or anthropology instead, all's grade-dependent. And, then, if all else fails I guess I could go along with studying English Literature or Language to better prepare myself for a possible career in writing, should I chose to be so... Daring.

That's me, for now, I hope I'll get a warm and fuzzy stay on your little site.
    Cheers.

2. L.T.

L.T. New Member

Welcome to the Forum Matts. I haven't been here that long myself, but it appears to be a very active and thriving Forum. There are lots of great people here with great advice. They provide very thorough critiques with no holds barred. It's exactly what an aspiring writer needs.

Looking forward to reading some of your work in the future.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey

4. Mats Rafoss

Mats Rafoss New Member

It's one t :)
    - And thanks, both of you.

5. L.T.

L.T. New Member

My bad Mats. :p ...and you're welcome.