1. Startled Crow

Startled Crow New Member

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Startled Crow, Feb 14, 2016.

Good evening everyone,

I just joined the forum. I've 'lurked' on this forum for years but decided to finally join the community. I am creative writer like many of you are. I am not very known based on the little amount of writings I publish online and elsewhere but here lately, I've become quite interested in writing more so than ever. I joined this forum to help improve my skills and network with my fellow writers.

I mainly write horror-related stories of fiction. I don't focus so much on gore as many horror writers do but more so on ending stories with a 'cliffhanger' of sorts that will do two things (1) freak the reader out lol and (2) allow the reader to use their own imagination to develop their own good or bad ending. That is my style! :)

With being a horror writer, there is nothing about me that is really horror themed. I like horror movies, books and the general community of horror fans on the internet but I am not a devil worshiper, a goth or some sort of psycho killer in real life, ha ha. I am actually a country boy and I live in the rural Midwestern portion of the United States. In a way, rural areas are fairly creepy though... Maybe that is something there, just maybe.

A bit about me... I am educated, working on my second Master degree at this time which is an MBA. I work full time in the manufacturing sector as a heavy equipment operator. I also have a long history with message forums. I've participated and owned many message forums for nearly 20 years. I am actually one of those types of members who reads the rules, first! Ha ha, we're a rare breed, you know. I have recently started a writing forum concentrating on horror creative writing. I won't link it here because I don't want to be seen as a spammer on the forum.

As for my details... I am a male, age 31 and I get along with everyone. Thank you for having me and I really look forward to making great friendships on this community! :)

Penfist likes this.
  2. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hi there :)

Will be certainly nice to get to know you, I already like your voice! I have not been long here, but I have made friends and I have learned a whole lot about writing. Thanks to the people here I have discovered the joy of flow, and the possibility of really telling the stories inside my head. To give them space to breath and not stay cooped up any longer.

I am writing dark-fantasy which now and again spills over into horror, so if you want to discuss some stuff, feel free to PM me. It is a great thing to have writers around who understand what is going on in the one writing horror - a friend of mine put it well. He told me when I asked to let someone else read his short horror-story: "Tell her I am not a complete freak" ;)

Anyway.. welcome!

Startled Crow likes this.
  3. Startled Crow

Startled Crow New Member

Thank you for the welcome :) I look forward to making a long lasting membership out of my experience on this community. With many bigger online forums, comes the usual cliques that are not very welcoming to 'newbies' but I don't get that vibe here at all, so I know this is going to be a great forum to become active on.

Penfist and Lifeline like this.
  4. Penfist

Penfist Member

5. Penfist

Penfist Member

Second master's eh? I'm doing the same, although I'm on hold until my coffers have more gold in them.

Startled Crow likes this.