1. Sunshine222

Sunshine222 New Member

Hello there!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sunshine222, May 1, 2019.

Hi,

I just joined this nice forum today and wow, its such a wonderful place to meet writers of all levels and make new friends!

I had started writing years ago when my children were small, only about three chapters of a fictional idea, then put it away in a drawer, totally forgotten about. Recently though, I met a friend of a friend who has some psychic ability-he said that I will be publishing over 10 books, one of which would be a bestseller. So I have now got out my manuscript and have continued writing!

Have only written about 5000 words so far - its about a girl who tried to track down her father. I have plot ideas, but its trying to fit them together cohesively that is the hardest I think.

Really look forward to chatting to everyone!

Have a great day, S

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Welcome :)

3. Sark1986

Sark1986 Active Member

Welcome - hopefully, your writing goes well. If you have any questions or if you need help with anything let us know.

4. Sunshine222

Sunshine222 New Member

Thank you both so much!
    Its such an interesting forum and am enjoying looking around at the moment.

have a good day :)

5. Maverick_nc

Maverick_nc Contributor Contributor

Welcome! :)

6. Sunshine222

Sunshine222 New Member

Thanks so much Maverick :)

7. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi @Sunshine222 , and welcome to the forum. I see you've already been greeted by a few of our members, and are already looking around and getting to know the place.

That's interesting about the psychic. Did you get the prediction at a reading, or in a less formal situation? Either way, it's fun to see whether the prediction comes true. It probably will, if you keep at it. I like the idea of your story already—the girl looking for her father has lots of story possibilities, from happy endings to less fulfilled ones, or even sad ones—and I'm delighted that you're finding time to write again, now that your children are older.

Before you go too far, please do take a look at both of these sections inside our forum Information menu (found at the top of the main Community page.) We don't have lots and lots of Rules, but the ones we have do make sense, and it's a good idea to get familiar with what you can and can't do as a member. There are a few requirements you must meet before posting any of your work for critique, for example. So please read these two sections in particular.

New Member Quick Start
    Forum Rules

And we'll see you around! Have fun! :)

8. Sunshine222

Sunshine222 New Member

Hi jennert!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome :) I will definately look at the rules etc and really find this a great site, with a lot to offer.

It happened at a friends party jannert, and apparently the guy does readings professionally too. He insisted this would happen, so the next day I bought a notebook to put ideas in!!

I find coordinating all the plot twists and events, and bringing them together smoothly the most challenging. Bought Storyfix by Larry Brooks, it is superb! Really recommend it for all new writers.

Have a great bh weekend :)