1. Darku_Mage

Darku_Mage New Member

Hello there

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Darku_Mage, Mar 28, 2021.

Hi ! Name's Darku_Mage.

I'm a seventeen year-old Fantasy writer from Belgium. I mainly decided to join this forum to improve my English (I'm a native French speaker), because I plan on translating my novels when I'll be fluent enough. Oh, and there's the fact writing is still writing no matter the language (though sometimes, questionable translations make bad writing even cornier). Being bilingual means you have twice the possibilities to get good writing advice.

I've been writing for six years, though I wrote in a very sporadic way during most of my middle school years and didn't really finish any story because I made the stupid decision of co-writing a novel with someone who obviously didn't view writing the way I did, but also because I generally had bad writing habits (not keeping track of my word counts, not planning anything and believing I could be a great pantser despite my writing showing egregious signs of my lack of experience, not listening to the readers' advice when they told me I didn't explain capital things).

I read a lot of Fantasy and I'm fond of RPGs, which provides me with great inspiration sources for my own works. My favourite author has to be Michael Moorcock, I just like everything this guy wrote (though the reading order of some of his works is a complete mess). I also like historical novels and science-fiction. In fact, I read a bit of everything. The only genres I really dislike are crime mysteries and basically anything with a plot that solely revolves around a romance (which kinda sucks when you're supposed to be the target audience of such stories).

Catrin Lewis likes this.
  2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Hello and Welcome... your English looks just fine to me. You should see my French...

3. dbesim

dbesim Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi @Darku_Mage!

I think you can still write in those genres even if you don’t enjoy reading them.

Lots of fantasy and Sci-Fi in the forums.

Very popular categories.

4. Ellen_Hall

Ellen_Hall Active Member

Bienvenue. Ta anglaise est très bien. Je lire tellement de le Belgium. (Pardon ma français est ne ça va pas.)

Tu es une fille dans l’école? Écrivaines beaucoup commence dans l’école.

Tu allez écrive des traductions? Bien pour toi!

Darku_Mage and dbesim like this.