1. binalharbi

binalharbi New Member

I need help.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by binalharbi, Jun 1, 2009.

hello every boody

I try to emiprove my writing

but I don't know how I improve it so,

can you advise me what I have to do ?

If I write weekly aboat one subject there

can I find some one tell me what wrong I have ?

binalharbi

2. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

First of all why have you written it so big.
    Seccond, know one will take you seriously if what you have written above is an example of your writing skills.

So if you want to improve your writing, the best thing to do is start with yourself. Read books, and there are many self help writing books out on the market that help alot.

You will need to brush up on your use of capital letters, grammer and punctuation if you want to be takes seriously so before you ask us for help ask yourself.

I know this may sound harsh but that was exacly what I was told when I first joined here and it actually worked.

3. Forde

Forde New Member

This.

4. binalharbi

binalharbi New Member

I'm so sorry if my wrote big

and thanks for your advise and your help

I'm serious to improve my self

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

If this is not a prank, then all I can say is that English is too obviously not your first language. You don't have a good understanding of sentence structure in English. You need to read much more in English, and engage in conversations with native speakers of English who won't be too polite to correct you.

Again assuming this is not some bored person looking for some attention and some cheap laughs, your command of English is really not sufficient for us to give much help here. This is a a board oriented toward people who are already reasonably fluent in English.

6. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

Hmm...as a non-native speaker of this frankly bizarre language :)D) I could try to help with tips as far as learning it is concerned. And my girlfriend is a linguist, I'm reasonably sure she'd be able to translate whatever you say in your own language for me so I can help you out where others can't.

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

as-salaam alaikum, bin!

and welcome to the forums...

i mentor many aspiring writers from other parts of the world, to whom english is an additional language, so if you want some help, drop me a line any time...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

8. binalharbi

binalharbi New Member

thanks alot

9. binalharbi

binalharbi New Member

thanks alot for your help

this is my Email adress:binalharbi@hotmail.com

I will happy when you help me.

10. binalharbi

binalharbi New Member

thanks alot for your help

this is my Email adress:binalharbi@hotmail.com
    and this my account for Skpe :binalharbi

I will happy when you help me
    and I added your Email at my
    massenger

11. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

Girl, it's a little in this case because English isn't this person's first language, and he clearly hasn't been speaking/reading it as long as you. If anyone here didn't take you seriously, it's because they expect more from someone by the time they are your age.

Anyway, there is a member here who is an English as a Second Language Teacher. I think his name is ohmyrichard, or something close to that. Not sure if he has the time for this sort of thing, but I think he'd be a good person to help. He comes here regularly to check details that many native speakers would never even think of. Often, we know something is right, but don't know why.

Also, feel free to ask any questions you have in the Grammar section of this site.

12. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Hello, Binalharbi! :)

Like the others here, I will go ahead and assume English is not your first language.
    And, also, like Cogito said, this forum is generally for people speak reasonably fluent English, so we will try to help you all we can, but we might have to ask questions to get to that point, first! :p

Now I do have a question; are you looking to improve general English or your writing? I ask this because if you just want to become a good writer, perhaps you might want to write in your most fluent language. I suggest this because even though I am (somewhat) fluent in Spanish, I could never imagine writing in it. I dont very well know the slang or tones that would give the text the desired --easy and realistic-- effect.
    If you are looking for tips on writing specifically, if you can get your question across clearly enough, we'll all be glad to help. If you're looking for help in English, I think Rei's on the right track; perhaps ask ohmyrichard or another local English as a Second Language teacher to help you.

You suggested the idea of writing weekly. Go for it! :) More frequently than that, if you can. The more deeply you surround yourself with the craft, the easier it should come. It's just like working your muscles; lifting 50 pounds might be hard at first, but if you perservere every day, it'll soon seem trivial.
    Similarly, you must read! There is no better way to learn but from the masters themselves, and bookstore / library shelves are stuffed full with them. :love:

We have a Review Room within this Web site where members can post their own work and critique others' in order for the poster to see his mistakes or areas for improvement, and the philosophy here is you will better learn to edit your own material if you edit others. Therefore, we have a 1:2 ratio of personal material to critiques, meaning you are required to give the best information you can to another writer at least 2 times more than asking to have your work be posted. This is to ensure an active writing workshop and improvement for all involved. :)

It seems several people have extended their hands, so I wish you the best of luck!
    -Merc

13. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

As many people have pointed out, I'm not the brightest spark in the box, and I didnt realise english wasn't his 1st language but even if it isn't, surley the same rules apply. He still needs to know the basic useage of grammer and punctuation.

Sorry is I was a bit harsh on you Binalharbi but I honistly didn't realise. personally I think the same rules apply but thats only my point of view.

14. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

No problem. I'll ask what you need help with (and give you help, naturally ;)) when my gf's done reading your posts. Apparently she can work out your native language by looking at the grammar structure of your sentences, or at least narrow it down, which should make things easier.