1. invisibleink

invisibleink New Member

Oh no! Not another new guy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by invisibleink, Oct 26, 2011.

I've been lurking around for a few days now and finally got the itch to make an introduction. My name is Joe and have no experience with creative writing. However, I do have a Bachelors Degree in Journalism and a minor in Professional Writing. I am five years removed from school where I excelled at writing research papers (fun), and also wrote for the school paper. I moved to Charlotte a year ago and live with my fiance. Here is where you, the reader, could bring out the tissue box and hear a sob story:

Like most people I recently lost my job in August, and like most people I didn't think it would happen to me. With all sorts of thoughts on my drive home, with my eyes so red I could hardly the road, I told myself that for now on I'm going to start doing what I want to do. So gone is the 65 hour salary work week! Luckily a month later I found a job working third shift, and I absolutely love it! It's just a normal 40 hour a week job and it lets me do what I haven't done in so long which is read, I am on my third novel since I've been let go.

I want to get into writing, not as a profession of course, but just something for fun. I don't have the experience to just sit down and start writing a novel, nor do I think I'm very creative to even do so. I'm most likely going to the short story and poetry route, even though I can't even remember the last time I wrote a short story or a poem. But, I do look forward to interacting on this forum and can't wait to write my first short story, which would most likely will not be in the not too distant future.

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.