1. HeinleinFan

HeinleinFan Banned

Greetings, all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HeinleinFan, Jan 6, 2007.

I'm a semi-experienced writer who has yet to be published. I tend to write best under the lash, as it were - a deadline, an essay assignment, or what have you will get me typing in no time. Otherwise I tend to find a book and read. While this is not a poor use of my time, it does not produce anything, so I have some four hundred thousand words written but nothing that has been quite finished and sent in.

I hope to correct that soon. In a bit I'll collect some samples of my work and submit them. My thanks in advance to those of you who take time out of your busy schedules to critique them.

If you are curious about me, I'm a young person living in the United States. I keep odd hours; that will change as the semester starts and I put my nose to the grindstone again. Sometimes I will use British spelling ("colour", "honour", "tyre") because I find it interesting. Also, I am told that I use the British method for quotes and commas, to the annoyance of my English professor last year - the American way should be "colour," instead of "colour",.

I also tend to be involved in my replies. That is, if the discussion is about a topic that I find interesting, I will go into detail in my answer. Usually I will include links to where I found the information. I just cannot force myself to make a single point and quit. This is a minor problem that I am working to correct. (Though at times it may not appear that way.)

Good day and fair weather, all of you.

2. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

Welcome to WF. Get tanked up and mine's a whiskey! ;)

3. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome to the forum.

4. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Well it is good to have you aboard then. Welcome to Wf enjoy yourself won't you. :):):):)

5. Robert

Robert Banned

Welcome aboard.

Cheers,
    Rob

6. Lily

Lily New Member

I look forward to reading some of your work. Welcome!

7. Forsaken

Forsaken New Member

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay

8. newguy

newguy New Member

heyho!
    and welcome

9. M.J.Donovan

M.J.Donovan New Member

Excuse me while I change arms. Nice to meet you! Give my love to Maureen, and we'll see you next Friday.